Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia

4 posters

Go down

Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Empty Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia

Post  newzealandteatree Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:48 am

I have the privilege of meeting this young, talented bonsai master with a very refreshing attitude. It was an enjoyable and educational weekend for many. Here are some photos to share. Sorry for the quality of some of the photos. My only regret is we don't have an old yamadori juniper or pine to fully exploit his talent and knowledge.
CJ
22 years old pot grown J. Procumbens
Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia 2013-010
Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia 2013-011
Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Dsc03010
Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia 2013-012
newzealandteatree
newzealandteatree

Back to top Go down

Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Empty Re: Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia

Post  newzealandteatree Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:58 am

Another J. Procumbens. The end product is less impressive than the first as Maruo did told us earlier that there is less ramifications on the branches for him to go up the next stage of wiring.
Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Dsc03011
His vision:
Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Dsc03016
Enjoy:
Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Dsc03013
Concentrate:
Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Dsc03014
Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Dsc03015
newzealandteatree
newzealandteatree

Back to top Go down

Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Empty Re: Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia

Post  JJR Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:41 am

Did he happen to explain why he wired the large pieces of dead wood in the back of the tree? I can't imagine they would hold their shape since they can no longer grow/heal in the position they are now in.

JJR

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty Weiser Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:58 am

My guess is that they were alive when he started and he striped the foliage. They will then keep the wired shape once they dry with a little spring back. It is also possible to soften already dry wood and position into a new shape. Challenging on a bonsai, but commonly done in woodworking by saturating with steam.

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down

Post  newzealandteatree Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:29 am

Those jins were created from fresh branches. They were wired to position them to fit into his artistic vision. The wires will be removed after the wood dry. harden and hopefully stay in position. Here is another photo showing the original branches which ended up as jins.

Mauro Stemberger in Perth, Western Australia Dsc03017
newzealandteatree
newzealandteatree

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Thanks for posting CJ.

Mauro is a great artist, he will be one of our headliners for our next year "International Bonsai Art & Culture Biennale" in Yogyakarta.
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  newzealandteatree Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:43 am

Robert, he also told me that. I am sure you can give him materials to fully tap into his enormous skills and experiences. I am looking forward to attend.

Cheers,
CJ
newzealandteatree
newzealandteatree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down