Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arizona Cypress

3 posters

Go down

Arizona Cypress Empty Arizona Cypress

Post  stacy allen muse Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:36 am

Arizona Cypress Arzncy14
Arizona Cypress Arzncy15
Arizona Cypress Arzncy12com/u/f83/17/Arizona Cypress Arzncy1396/58/53/arzncy11.jpg[/img][/url]arzncy10.jpg[/img][/url]
Thought I would share with you a new / old project... I have had this sitting around for a very long time.
I think it is only thing that managed to survive my early days of Bonsai... Ran out of stuff to wire this past winter...
I know it's hard to believe, and even harder to believe was that after all that I wired, I still wanted to do more.

So, for fun I picked up this tree and went to work... I liked the way it turned out, and how it reminded me of
the high desert areas of New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, etc. A place I spent alot of time at when younger.
Then I came up with the idea for the pot, I wanted something that resembled a Hopi or Navajo Indian pot.
I had Chuck Iker make the pot for me, he did a oxide spray on it, and I then Hand-Painted the Motif.

A Humble little tree, with a lot of soul... Smile
stacy allen muse
stacy allen muse

Back to top Go down

Arizona Cypress Empty Re: Arizona Cypress

Post  Leo Schordje Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:07 pm

That is a really creative pot. I like the tree too, very nice. It never occured to me that native american pottery designs could be brought into bonsai pots. An idea for the National exhibit in 2014 for an all american display.
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Very nice tree and pot combo.

JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content