Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arborvitae (thuja plicata) from nursery pot to bonsai

4 posters

Go down

Arborvitae (thuja plicata) from nursery pot to bonsai Empty Arborvitae (thuja plicata) from nursery pot to bonsai

Post  dstr Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:05 pm

I just purchased the above plant, 1' tall from the base in the nursery pot to the top. I need some information regarding styling, pruning, root pruning, soil type to use in bonsai (basic, free draining, etc) as well as general care if anyone has had experience with this variety, also known as western red cedar, or knows where the best place to look for information.
Many thanks!
David

dstr

Back to top Go down

Arborvitae (thuja plicata) from nursery pot to bonsai Empty Re: Arborvitae (thuja plicata) from nursery pot to bonsai

Post  aakicee Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:22 am

if anyone has had experience with this variety,LET ME KNOW ..

aakicee

Back to top Go down

Arborvitae (thuja plicata) from nursery pot to bonsai Empty Re: Arborvitae (thuja plicata) from nursery pot to bonsai

Post  JimLewis Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:47 pm

dstr wrote:I just purchased the above plant, 1' tall from the base in the nursery pot to the top. I need some information regarding styling, pruning, root pruning, soil type to use in  bonsai (basic, free draining, etc) as well as general care if anyone has had experience with this variety, also known as western red cedar, or knows where the best place to look for information.
Many thanks!
David

Picture, please? https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t243-b-tutorial-on-posting-pics
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  LanceMac10 Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:51 pm

must people dig up old threads? This one had original poster and that's it. And no, doesn't make good bonsai if you have to ask. Because if you have to ask......well, you know how the rest goes.... Beaurangel
LanceMac10
LanceMac10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down