J. virginiana mini in training

View previous topic View next topic Go down

J. virginiana mini in training

Post  JimLewis on Fri May 17, 2013 7:57 pm

This is the Eastern Red "Cedar," Juniperus virginiana. It stands 3 inches tall. Suggestions for much needed refinement will be appreciated. Those top branches are coming directly at the viewer; that's hard to see in the photo. So far, the base and trunk are its biggest assets.

Front:

Back:

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: J. virginiana mini in training

Post  GašperG on Fri May 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Base and trunk of the tree look great...why don't you pull one of the top branches a bit lower or/and higher? Smile I have no tips on refinement but seems like no problem looking so vigorous Very Happy

GašperG

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sat May 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Thanks. I think I'll do that as soon as this %$#%$#@ rain stops.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake16 on Mon May 20, 2013 11:36 pm

These are my ideas.

Jake16

Back to top Go down

J virginiana in training

Post  moyogijohn on Tue May 21, 2013 12:43 am

JIM,, Nice little tree ! it looks bigger in the picture.. is it possible to bring the left top branch up to form a new apex?? i could not chop it down !! Thank you for the yew information.. take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum