Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum

+95
kingsnake
Tom
MKBonsai
BrianS
manumidam
Chris Cochrane
Intricate Simplicity
chench53
KyleT
Maros Belan
DjTommy
Bolero
Gonetopot
Rick36
M. Frary
Van
Toshiro
fiona
Precarious
drbuzzbee
geo
LanceMac10
MichaelS
kimo
Chellis
Leo Schordje
FrankP999
dick benbow
BrianG
crust
TN Jim
Seth Ellwood
Wander
peterkang
Judgie
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Vance Wood
JMcCoy
brett2013
GerhardGerber
lordy
Eric Group
my nellie
steveb
Jaybird
Todd Ellis
jgeanangel
Daygan
AlainK
Richard S
Randy_Davis
Robert J. Baran
David Brunner
William N. Valavanis
Jkd2572
Dale Cochoy
Jesse McMahon
prestontolbert
yamasuri
bingregory
Stephen Krall
DougB
Ashiod
JADunnagan
sayotefries
JudyB
Dan W.
Khaimraj Seepersad
DuncanJH
Dave Murphy
monte
MikeG
augustine
Russell Coker
Kev Bailey
lennard
BigDave
Marty Weiser
Smithy
coh
tmmason10
dorothy7774
gman
Dave Leppo
hometeamrocker
bwaynef
Billy M. Rhodes
Walter Pall
Sam Ogranaja
JimLewis
MartinSweeney
bonsaisr
Auballagh
John Quinn
Arthur Joura
99 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 Empty Re: American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum

Post  Vance Wood Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:54 am

Thank You for seeing things for what they are.  I don't know what I said that set Arthur off?  Maybe he thought I was challenging him over something.  The only thing I was trying to do was get people to think about this subject and respond to it.  So often I talk to people on these forums and I get IN SOME CASES a lot of talk but no substance.  People will claim they believe this or they believe that but they cannot show me what they mean.  My point is not do you have a tree but do you have anything that shows evidence of what you are showing me.  If you are claiming that a bonsai should have this and that and something else and you are serious enough about it that you say it is so why can you not show examples of it?  Any way; there ya go, that's kind of the story of my life.  Maybe I am the bonsai version of Andy Rooney.  Andy makes people uncomfortable because he asks question that people don't want to answer.  In many cases it boils down to shooing flies away from Bull Doodie.   I don't know what it is about people, they always seem to more happy being something they are not.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 Empty Re: American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum

Post  M. Frary Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:31 am

beer city snake wrote:
geo wrote:...the likes of you...

scratch Confused scratch Confused

george - what gives ???
i guess its none of my business, but it is a public forum...
do you and vance got a beef carrying over here from that other forum ?
No confusion needed Kevin.
Geo likes to think he can right wrongs on Internet forums.
He was actually telling people to be nice to other people on them.
Judging from his post it doesn't look like he takes his own advice.
Of course he will come back with a reply something to the effect that
I'm one of Vance's cronies and that is why I posted this.
It's a shame really. I just wish he could be a little nicer and try to get along with people.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:25 am

Minor moderatorial interjection here: can we get back to the trees please? If I want personal slights, huffs and hissiness, I'll get out my ouija board and have a chat with my late mother. (Inserts smiley and winky emoticons to show a degree of light-heartedness. But only a degree.)
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:32 pm

fiona wrote:Minor moderatorial interjection here:  can we get back to the trees please?  If I want personal slights, huffs and hissiness, I'll get out my ouija board and have a chat with my late mother.    (Inserts smiley and winky emoticons to show a degree of light-heartedness. But only a degree.)

It was getting away from trees that started this and that was not me contrary to accepted knowledge.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 Empty Compelled to comment...

Post  Bolero Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:21 pm

IMO, AJ's comments directed to Vance Woods Post's re Posting some examples of WP's description of Bonsai was totally Out of Line, Over the Top and speaks volumes, perhaps, of AJ's Intolerance of ....????

This still remains the Best of the Bonsai Forums...IMO
Bolero
Bolero

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Bolero wrote:IMO, AJ's comments directed to Vance Woods Post's re Posting some examples of WP's description of Bonsai was totally Out of Line, Over the Top and speaks volumes, perhaps, of AJ's Intolerance of ....????

This still remains the Best of the Bonsai Forums...IMO

Thank you, I too believe this is the one of the best threads on the site and oddly the only one that is moderately active.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  jgeanangel Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Unbelievable!  SO much more to say but Fiona already asked us to stay on track.............................................................................................................................

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 Empty New Bonsai Saikei Stage 1

Post  Bolero Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:28 pm

This is the start of my new Saikei, I will be using 5-7 Juniper "Shimpaku" appx 4" to 7" in Height...
Tray is 20"x14"x2", Chinese Ying Rock, Special home mix Bonsai soil, will be adding Moss also...
My inspiration for this Saikei Landscape is a Lew Buller Bonsai Saikei Landscape, Pictures included...
Mine will be similar but not identical...
So what do you think...???
Comments welcomed...

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 24126475393_304033edcf_z

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 24457795880_26e77fc50f_z

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 24385660299_92c9c988ff_z

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 24385656329_ef73462fc8_z
Bolero
Bolero

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:41 pm

I think you have some good ideas.  I would like to see a little more attention to dealing with height variations like in a forest planting.  This kind of thing can make a really spectacular result with less than stellar material. Also some of the trees seem to have specific shapes to them that make them seem more stand-alone individuals as opposed to suggesting they are part of a contiguous landscape.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 Empty 3 1/2 year old Saikei

Post  Bolero Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:16 pm

Here's one I did some time ago, 9th out of 100 showings for Visitor voting...UMBG-AABS
American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 20070121283_8e7d529b67_z

It is also Shimpaku based...Trying hard not have my new Saikei look too much like my 1st one.

I also have a very nice Larch "Tamarack" forest Saikei 21"x12"x1 1/2" that I will be showing this year, it is presently out of foliage having shed its needles...

I'm thinking of showing at Meijers Sculptural Gardens, Grand Rapids, MI this year, in May...

Bolero
Bolero

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Think that needs a thread of its own, Bolero, so if it's okay with you I am going to move it to one.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  jgeanangel Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:31 pm

Thank you Fiona!

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:40 pm

jgeanangel wrote:Unbelievable!  SO much more to say but Fiona already asked us to stay on track.............................................................................................................................

fiona - permission requested for john to stray off track. Razz
everyone else has...
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Nah, Kevin. Beat it! John is my very favourite on here so what he says, goes. LOL.

Meanwhile back in North Carolina ...
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  jgeanangel Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:00 pm

fiona wrote:Nah, Kevin. Beat it!  John is my very favourite on here so what he says, goes.  LOL.

Meanwhile back in North Carolina ...

Very Happy

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:27 pm

fiona wrote:Nah, Kevin. Beat it!  

OK - consider me amscrayed !
(in a khai sort of way)

lol!
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Then I will see you there, Bolereo.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:40 pm

beer city snake wrote:
jgeanangel wrote:Unbelievable!  SO much more to say but Fiona already asked us to stay on track.............................................................................................................................

everyone else has...

I too hope that John Geanangel would unleash a can of unrestrained whoop-ass, I mean knowledge. He probably knows Arthur better than Arthur knows Arthur Smile
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:26 pm

That statement must mean you have something more to say that is not about bonsai so I am left to think it is about me?  You have my PM and you know how to get in touch with me on Bnut I don't hide behind a pseudonym. I will talk to you anytime about anything you wish.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Sam Ogranaja wrote:
beer city snake wrote:

everyone else has...

I too hope that John Geanangel would unleash a can of unrestrained whoop-ass, I mean knowledge. He probably knows Arthur better than Arthur knows Arthur Smile

Bring it on Sam, you have your own mind and you know where to reach me.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:08 am

It seems to me that everyone is now taking on this thread as if it were the core of IBC: it shouldn't be, it is not.

To me, Arthur got trapped into something that has nothing to do with his initial postings, about the NC arboretum.

I don't even read the rantings about this or that any longer, line after line after line after line after line after line after line after line after line after line after line after line after line after line after line after line of looking at who's got the best, most beautiful, shiniest belly-button. 35 pages of the same literature, like "me got the biggest one".

Pitiful.

AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelS Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:30 am

[quote="AlainK"]

If this:

I don't even read the rantings about this or that any longer,

How this:?

It seems to me that everyone is now taking on this thread as if it were the core of IBC

Suspect
MichaelS
MichaelS

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:42 am

I tend to bring the worst out in people. I'm sorry about that.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:02 am

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 33 Surrendering-emoticon-animated-white-waving-flag
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:03 am

Vance Wood wrote:

That statement must mean you have something more to say that is not about bonsai so I am left to think it is about me?  You have my PM and you know how to get in touch with me on Bnut I don't hide behind a pseudonym.  I will talk to you anytime about anything you wish.

In this instance you assume John's talking about you.

Vance Wood wrote:
Sam Ogranaja wrote:
beer city snake wrote:

everyone else has...

Bring it on Sam, you have your own mind and you know where to reach me.

In this instance you assume I'm talking about you as well. You're not that important, regardless of what your ego tells you.
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next