Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ron lang pot

+6
Twisted Trees
Rob Addonizio
BigDave
lordy
lackhand
Todd Ellis
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ron lang pot  Empty ron lang pot

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:02 pm

just got a update from ron lang on a one of a kind pot he is making for me it a rectangle with a slightly bowed walls and cut corners
ron lang pot  Flores10ron lang pot  Flores11

Back to top Go down

ron lang pot  Empty Re: ron lang pot

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Very nice! What are you going to put in it?
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:23 pm

ron lang pot  Imag0710

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:24 am

That looks like a great match; nice tree!
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  lackhand Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 am

That's a sharp looking pot, and should go great with the tree. Looks like some great workmanship on both.

lackhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:31 am

thank you for the complement todd and lackhand

Back to top Go down

Post  lordy Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 am

I beg to differ. That pot will not enhance the tree you have planned for it one bit. I do have a solution, however. I am not too far from Mr. Lang's studio, and I volunteer to allow him to ship it to me instead, saving you all that angst and frustration were you to receive it and see it in person. Please advise. thumbs up
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:28 am

As Gramma used to say...

O lordy !
BigDave
BigDave

Back to top Go down

Post  lordy Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 am

Just sayin...
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Lordy if you want one call Ron cause when he made that one for me he also made a straight walled version. Maybe he will sell it to u. And by the way pots are not ment to enhance trees just as tree are not ment to enhance pots they are ment to be an equal balance for each other

Back to top Go down

Post  lordy Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 pm

andre_f wrote:Lordy if you want one call Ron cause when he made that one for me he also made a straight walled version. Maybe he will sell it to u. And by the way pots are not ment to enhance trees just as tree are not ment to enhance pots they are ment to be an equal balance for each other
I actually got a pot from Ron at the last show at the Nat. Arb. It will no doubt enhance my old Kingsville. I think I also got a Lang pot from RockM last spring in a package deal. I think I may be a bit lopsided with pots right now. Gotta either thin the herd or get more trees... No
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 pm

I would get more tree if you ask me but I'm in the same boat I've been stock piling nick Lenz pots so I have to get more trees to put in them

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 am

andre_f wrote:I would get more tree if you ask me but I'm in the same boat I've been stock piling nick Lenz pots so I have to get more trees to put in them

Hello Andre,

That sounds like a great idea! I say, post more pots of both artists (Lang and Lenz). There work is highly respected, and of great quality. I would love to see them represented here.

Just sayin!

Thanks,
Rob
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:55 am

this is actually my first lang pot and as for posting lenz pots i don't think people really want to see me post more lenz pots granted nick is one of favorite potters. but i did just get in the mail was a really nice pot from Tony Remington

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Rob Addonizio wrote:
andre_f wrote:I would get more tree if you ask me but I'm in the same boat I've been stock piling nick Lenz pots so I have to get more trees to put in them

Hello Andre,

That sounds like a great idea! I say, post more pots of both artists (Lang and Lenz). There work is highly respected, and of great quality. I would love to see them represented here.

Just sayin!

Thanks,
Rob
rob i enjoy bonsai pottery just as much as i do the trees. i collect both i have pot that have no plan to put trees in i just enjoy displaying them in my house.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Trees Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

lordy wrote:I beg to differ. That pot will not enhance the tree you have planned for it one bit. I do have a solution, however. I am not too far from Mr. Lang's studio, and I volunteer to allow him to ship it to me instead, saving you all that angst and frustration were you to receive it and see it in person. Please advise. thumbs up
Actually the pot is fine the tree is the problem. Send me the tree and I'll be glad to send a more suitable tree. thumbs up
Twisted Trees
Twisted Trees

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 am

Twisted Trees wrote:
lordy wrote:I beg to differ. That pot will not enhance the tree you have planned for it one bit. I do have a solution, however. I am not too far from Mr. Lang's studio, and I volunteer to allow him to ship it to me instead, saving you all that angst and frustration were you to receive it and see it in person. Please advise. thumbs up
Actually the pot is fine the tree is the problem. Send me the tree and I'll be glad to send a more suitable tree. thumbs up
naw the tree is good it was actually designed by Michele Andolfo last summer
when i got the tree
ron lang pot  Imag0110
after design is executed
ron lang pot  Imag0610
still needs some years to fill out and refine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 pm

just got a picture of the finished pot what do you think???
ron lang pot  Flores12
ron lang pot  Flores13

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:16 pm

I like the pot but is that a crack in the lower corner of the pot in the second picture?

reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Beautiful pot!
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:00 am

reddog i highly doubt its a crack and dale that means a lot coming from a great potter as yourself thank you

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 am

Andre, don't get defensive. Ron's pots are some of the best in the country. In your opinion what do you think the small crevice is? It's a nice container and I know it is not inexpensive.

reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:27 pm

reddog wrote:Andre, don't get defensive. Ron's pots are some of the best in the country. In your opinion what do you think the small crevice is? It's a nice container and I know it is not inexpensive.
reddog i wasn't getting defensive i just don't think its a crack if anything i think maybe it wasn't blended there or when it dried before firing i have no clue but i plan on looking at it more once i get it in the mail ron mailed it out today or yesterday. i have faith in ron he wouldn't sell it if it was defective. mind you this is my first time doing business with ron and i've heard nothing but good things about his pots and him so i'll keep my fingers crossed till i get it in the mail and can look at that closer. but i also see the same crevice in the pictures he sent me before he fired the pots who knows

Back to top Go down

Post  rockm Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:21 pm

My guess is that is definitely Not a crack. It is a surface flaw in the clay, given that the irregularity is on part of a border.

I have known Ron for many years and know he would not ship a defective pot. I urge you to contact Ron if you are concerned.

rockm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:57 pm

rockm wrote:My guess is that is definitely Not a crack. It is a surface flaw in the clay, given that the irregularity is on part of a border.

I have known Ron for many years and know he would not ship a defective pot. I urge you to contact Ron if you are concerned.
ive talked to ron but not about that cause i have no concern about that any way cause i plan on using the other side of the pot as the front anyhow out of sight out of mind i guess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next