Bonsai Display Stands

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bonsai Display Stands

Post  radsnell on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:24 am

I need to find a few bonsai display stands, as my collection is beginning to have a few "showable" trees. Any suggestions on where to look. Reasonably priced. I guess it would be nice to get lucky and find someone getting out of the hobby who had a few.

Thanks,
Boyd

radsnell

Back to top Go down

Re: Bonsai Display Stands

Post  Russell Coker on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:28 am

Hey Boyd.

Check out the display forum, there is some nice work there - but you'll have to do some hunting!

R

Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  austinh on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:12 am

I have never made a display stand, but I have always been interested to try. How reasonably priced? I make furniture for a living and pursue Bonsai as a hobby- the two have not crossed paths, yet. It would probably be cheap to ship as it is a relatively small square size, or such. Food for thought. Take a look at my website, www.fivefifthsfurniture.com- you probably are thinking more traditional and I think I can wear that hat- anyway my contact is on the website, shoot me an email or give me a call if you want to talk more- Austin

austinh

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:38 am

check out Owen Reich - he has an album on facebook of stands for sale - ( proper ones though ) A bargain stand of show quality doesnt really exist as the owner would certainly know what it had cost them - size etc will play a big part but $250 - $400 should get something quite nice.

marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Vendors at bonsai shows often have stands for sale. Googling "bonsai stands" got a LOT of hits.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum