Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Root over rock/Clinging to rock- watering and inspection of planting made easy.

+6
Bob Pressler
marcus watts
Poink88
Carolee
yamasuri
lennard
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Root over rock/Clinging to rock- watering and inspection of planting made easy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Root over rock/Clinging to rock- watering and inspection of planting made easy.

Post  Neli Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Lennard, am I seeing it well or not? It looks to me the roots are not stuck to the stone...or it is an illusion.
As far as I know the roots are supposed to lie flat against the stone but I can be wrong??? Very Happy 
Neli
Neli

Back to top Go down

Root over rock/Clinging to rock- watering and inspection of planting made easy. - Page 2 Empty Roots against stone.

Post  lennard Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Patience Neli!

When I remove the rest of the container some roots will have to be rearranged, some will have to be forced to the rock by using Styrofoam and cable ties again and some will have to be forced into crevices.

Some of the thicker straight roots will also be removed - the winding ones is what I need.

The work on the roots will only be done next summer and the tree will be chopped back in January 2015.

Lennard

Last edited by lennard on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info)
lennard
lennard

Back to top Go down

Root over rock/Clinging to rock- watering and inspection of planting made easy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Root over rock/Clinging to rock- watering and inspection of planting made easy.

Post  Neli Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:29 pm

He he he! I thought they are supposed to be glued in the first attempt...and that is what I tried to achive and I think I managed...a bit. Not sure if I remove the ties it will not lift like yours Shocked 
Neli
Neli

Back to top Go down

Root over rock/Clinging to rock- watering and inspection of planting made easy. - Page 2 Empty Long time not doing anything.

Post  lennard Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:49 pm

I have not worked on the tree for over a year now.

Lots of development in the roots but not much to the top. The cuttings have all fused now into one trunk. The variety I am using is quite amazing when it comes to fusing and root over rock.

I was planted in a home made Rockset pot but the pot could not handle the weight of the rock and the roots of the Ficus - so it is back into a plastic basin again.

I need to do some branch selection and rerouting some roots soon.

Root over rock/Clinging to rock- watering and inspection of planting made easy. - Page 2 Novemb10

Any comments and advice welcome.
lennard
lennard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2