Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cascade on the barbed wire New photography

+9
yamasuri
Todd Ellis
robatkinson
marcus watts
MikeG
littleart-fx
Stone Monkey
efishn
cbobgo
13 posters

Go down

Cascade on the barbed wire New photography Empty Cascade on the barbed wire New photography

Post  Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 pm

I have recently tried a new set up for photographing my trees, the background is Black Velvet, it absorbs the flash and cuts out reflections. I have also included an 'enhanced' version produced by IBC member Ed van der Reek. Thanks Ed... nice touch me thinks.

Cascade on the barbed wire New photography Cascad10

Cascade on the barbed wire New photography Img_1110

Cascade on the barbed wire New photography Eds_ca10

Back to top Go down

Cascade on the barbed wire New photography Empty Re: Cascade on the barbed wire New photography

Post  cbobgo Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 pm

very cool display. The stand and pot compliment each other very well. What kind of tree is this?

- bob
cbobgo
cbobgo

Back to top Go down

Cascade on the barbed wire New photography Empty Re: Cascade on the barbed wire New photography

Post  efishn Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:12 pm

WOW. beautiful and "reflective" (i hope its the right word....).

your presentation is really taking the "tree" and forward it ahead. this is ART.

Regards,
Efi

efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:51 pm

I love the whole combination and display, IMHO perfick!

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:16 pm

people learnd me thei never shall aply crossed wire! in this case tony i forgive u!! ;-)

STUNNING!

grtzz machiel who went from wood to solar power!!
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeG Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:26 pm

What a great composition! I really like this. Everything goes so well together. Gnarly, hollowed trunk to barbed wire, pot to fence post, tree to pot, and the green of foliage to moss. The lighting is fantastic as well.
MikeG
MikeG

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 pm

this one is really nice - both in pics and for real, if the stand wood was a few shades darker it would be brilliant.

Black cloth is the best by far, velvet looks great tony - a spare bit from your cape or was it the bed sheet Very Happy

see you Sunday?

marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  robatkinson Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:42 pm

hi tony loved the touch of the barbed wire when i saw it
at wales. burrs not long now looking forward to it mate.
regards rob. a. Very Happy
robatkinson
robatkinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:58 am

Very nice Tony! I could even see a woodpecker hole in a post/stump such as this to add atmosphere.
What kind of tree is this?
Thanks,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:58 am

I tell you what Tony: European bonsai artist are setting their techniques and their expression and creative display. You are one of them. I'll always support it and I love it. Amen. Very Happy
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:00 am

Todd Ellis wrote:
What kind of tree is this?

Hi Todd its a Prunus Spinosa.

Thanks for your kind words guys.

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed van der Reek Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks Tony,I am glad you like it.I try out my new Photoshopprogram CS6 Very Happy
Gr Ed
Ed van der Reek
Ed van der Reek

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Tony, That is a wonderful tree and I like the display (good idea ThumbsUp ).

Ed, I've seen the demo video of CS6 and it is a super duper editing software (best in the world?). I can't even imagine what it can really do. Must be fun to play with it.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Beautiful Tony! Love the photography too!

Is there a diff. in method from pic 1 vs. pic 3? Pic 3 I seem to see more detail than pic 1. Thanks for posting this lovely tree and stand!
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Fore wrote:Beautiful Tony! Love the photography too!

Is there a diff. in method from pic 1 vs. pic 3? Pic 3 I seem to see more detail than pic 1. Thanks for posting this lovely tree and stand!

Hi Fore, the second image has been manipulated in Photoshop by Ed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks Tony!
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks Tony. I envy you folks with those beautiful Sloes!
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Nice one Tony! I realy love how you used that barbwire! You could poet some sheep hair on one off those pins to make it even more authentic! Wink Well don!
Cant wait to come over for the next Burrs my friend! I am currently hard at work making drawings for my evening presentation there! CU SOON!!!!!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote: I am currently hard at work making drawings for my evening presentation there! CU SOON!!!!!

Hans will be presenting a lecture along with the other artists on the Saturday evening... there MAY be some highlights of the talks here after the event.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down