Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Pine uprooted, need suggestions

2 posters

Go down

White Pine uprooted, need suggestions Empty White Pine uprooted, need suggestions

Post  JudyB Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:55 am

I have a mature white pine that got hit by a falling branch in a huge windstorm today. The pot broke on one side, and the roots on that side were exposed to the wind probably for 2 hours before I was aware it happened. I've repotted it in the same pot (I had 2 of these) and most of the roots were still intact. The tree otherwise isn't damaged, but I would like to know if there is anything I can do at this point to help this tree out at a critical time of year, as we are getting our first frosts this weekend.
Any ideas??

JudyB

Back to top Go down

White Pine uprooted, need suggestions Empty Re: White Pine uprooted, need suggestions

Post  Bob Pressler Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:21 am

You can try to spray the needles with Wilt proof so they don't lose moisture it will also protect them in case of frost.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

White Pine uprooted, need suggestions Empty Re: White Pine uprooted, need suggestions

Post  JudyB Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks Bob for the reply, I'll try it. Maybe I'll get lucky...

JudyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Pressler Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:53 pm

If most of the roots were intact you should be ok. Good luck.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down