Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fine cedar mulch instead of pine bark?

3 posters

Go down

Fine cedar mulch instead of pine bark? Empty Fine cedar mulch instead of pine bark?

Post  EpicusMaximus Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 am

Can fine cedar mulch be used instead of pine bark in bonsai soil mix?

I am asking because so far I have been unable to find pine bark in my area but plenty of finely shredded "natural" cedar mulch...

Thanks!

EpicusMaximus

Back to top Go down

Fine cedar mulch instead of pine bark? Empty Re: Fine cedar mulch instead of pine bark?

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 am

What I use is a composted pine bark product aka Fafard Soil Conditioner, come in a purple bag. Cedar might rob the soil of nitrogen as it breaks down.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Fine cedar mulch instead of pine bark? Empty Re: Fine cedar mulch instead of pine bark?

Post  yamasuri Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:34 am

EpicusMaximus wrote:Can fine cedar mulch be used instead of pine bark in bonsai soil mix?

I am asking because so far I have been unable to find pine bark in my area but plenty of finely shredded "natural" cedar mulch...

Thanks!

Impossible get in QC regular stores. Join SBPM http://www.bonsaimontreal.com/index.htm or SBPQ http://www.bonsaiduquebec.com/ as member you able to buy at club store Composted Pine Bark.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  EpicusMaximus Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks, I found some today in a small garden center. All the big garden centers had was pine bark nuggets.

Smile

I also found MVP turface.

EpicusMaximus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down