Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a display from the North West's artistry of Dan Robinson

+12
Victrinia Ridgeway
Russell Coker
reddog
Gary Swiech
dave steventon
Todd Ellis
my nellie
jrodriguez
Liserd
ang3lfir3
Orion
dick benbow
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

a display from the North West's artistry of Dan Robinson - Page 3 Empty Re: a display from the North West's artistry of Dan Robinson

Post  Poink88 Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Victrinia Ridgeway wrote:
Poink88 wrote:Vi,

Thanks for sharing your story, I really loved reading it.

lol, I haven't been called Vi in years... you have my permission to do so ad nauseum. lol Cool

jun wrote:Nice trees, nice stories, Nice people.....What more could we ask for.
regards,
jun Smile

Salamat Po! cheers
Vi, I got it when you signed your response to me at BN Very Happy

Being a Filipino, I am intrigued how/where you learned "Salamat Po"...usually someone will just use "Salamat"
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

a display from the North West's artistry of Dan Robinson - Page 3 Empty Re: a display from the North West's artistry of Dan Robinson

Post  Victrinia Ridgeway Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:32 pm

dick benbow wrote:like the others, I deeply appreciated your sharing. Thank-you. Coupla comments of yours were so "spot on" of my impressions of the man and his vision. It has been my good fortune to have david de Groot as my teacher and am looking forward to the 27th of this month, when we may have a chance to work together on a project tree at the collection Smile

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands dirty at the Rim. David's been a great influence on me since the start, as the very first bonsai book I ever got myself was 'Basic Bonsai Design'... his theory became a foundation for Daniel to build upon.

Sadly, I won't be there on the 27th. We're going on a bonsai-cation. lol BUT I told him any Wednesday in July I would be happy to be a servant to you all. flower

The one benefit is that I'll have photos galore from the bonsai-cation... so you have that to look forward to.

Warmly,

Victrinia

Last edited by Victrinia Ridgeway on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victrinia Ridgeway
Victrinia Ridgeway

Back to top Go down

Post  Victrinia Ridgeway Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Poink88 wrote:Vi, I got it when you signed your response to me at BN Very Happy

Being a Filipino, I am intrigued how/where you learned "Salamat Po"...usually someone will just use "Salamat"

Ha! That was a sub-conscious typo then... Only a tiny handful of people have ever called me that, and all have been bonsai buddies. And as to my grasp of Filipino... I'm Chamorro... and every islander knows that being respectful - especially when not knowing the age of who you are talking to, is the only way to go. So I offered a formal thank-you, as a sign of appreciation to the comment, and respect to the commenter. Plus I have titas to who are Filipina. They raised me right... lol!

Hafa Adai!

Vi
Victrinia Ridgeway
Victrinia Ridgeway

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Hafa Adai!

I used to work in Guam (1991-98), mostly in Navy bases...stayed in Dededo and Barrigada mostly. My friends there are actually enticing me to come back due to the construction boom for the US Marine relocation from Japan. bounce
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Victrinia Ridgeway Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Dededo is the village my family is from. I have been a main-lander since I was 8... but I have gone home a few times. I also lived in Barrigada as a child. Family name is Rosario... our clan name is Bruno. If you go back you have to mail me some guguria!! I love you

Vi
Victrinia Ridgeway
Victrinia Ridgeway

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Dear Victrinia,
how good it is to hear and see that you, one of my first Bonsai Forum buddy's, is still pursuing her Bonsai dreams! And I am glad that you, the strong passionated woman that I remember, is still doing it in her own way! You were destined to meet a teacher like Dan to open up your eyes some more and to guide you along your Bonsai journey! Just to prove, that every willing pupil gets the teacher he or she deserves! And every deserving teacher should get a willing and open minded pupil like you and your hubby! It is a shame that you guy's live on the other side of this planet, I would have loved to talk some Bonsai with you all.
Stay true to your hearth my friends!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Victrinia Ridgeway wrote:If you go back you have to mail me some guguria!! I love you
Okay I promise. Problem is, I do not think I will be moving back. Very nice place (paradise really) but I don't think I want my kid to grow there (too small and too remote). Besides, they don't have much trees to bonsai there Wink LOL. It would be a perfect place to grow bonsai though.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Victrinia Ridgeway Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:Dear Victrinia,
how good it is to hear and see that you, one of my first Bonsai Forum buddy's, is still pursuing her Bonsai dreams! And I am glad that you, the strong passionated woman that I remember, is still doing it in her own way! You were destined to meet a teacher like Dan to open up your eyes some more and to guide you along your Bonsai journey! Just to prove, that every willing pupil gets the teacher he or she deserves! And every deserving teacher should get a willing and open minded pupil like you and your hubby! It is a shame that you guy's live on the other side of this planet, I would have loved to talk some Bonsai with you all.
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

My friend...

Don't fret... We have every intention of coming to your side of the planet sooner than later. The work going on in Europe demands it of us... to see your work alone would be worth the trip. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit Neolanders sometime soon. We will all get our opportunity to talk bonsai, art and philosophy. Very Happy

Heaven help the world when that happens. lol

Your friends as ever,

Victrinia & Eric
Victrinia Ridgeway
Victrinia Ridgeway

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Victrinia Ridgeway wrote:
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

My friend...

Don't fret... We have every intention of coming to your side of the planet sooner than later. The work going on in Europe demands it of us... to see your work alone would be worth the trip. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit Neolanders sometime soon. We will all get our opportunity to talk bonsai, art and philosophy. Very Happy

Heaven help the world when that happens. lol

Your friends as ever,

Victrinia & Eric

Wow ! That is good news! And you honor me to much! Embarassed And you are more than welcome in my place, to eat, drink and see my small collection in my even smaller garden! Embarassed Very Happy Keep me posted about when you two are planning to come to this (cold) part of the world! And if you are able, do visit the Noelanders Trophy! It gets better every year!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Swiech Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:38 pm

ang3lfir3,

Thanks for the explanation about Dan's repotting style.

Gary Swiech
Gary Swiech

Back to top Go down

Post  ang3lfir3 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 am

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
I also hope that sometime in the future it might be possible to have you come out this way again.... If so... there is an extra room with your name on it... hopefully sometime in the future I will have enough vacation to make heading out to Noelanders and/or EU plausible (I work A LOT) ......

@Poink88 -- ohhh ur in for it now.... she loves that stuff

@Gary Swiech -- you are certainly welcome Smile
ang3lfir3
ang3lfir3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3