Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log wood from Pedro Morales, Puertorico

+12
elcio brignol
abcd
Dale Cochoy
ev.sergey
dorothy7774
reg-i
Sakaki
Billy M. Rhodes
Poink88
marcus watts
jrodriguez
Budi Sulistyo
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Log wood from Pedro Morales, Puertorico - Page 2 Empty Re: Log wood from Pedro Morales, Puertorico

Post  ev.sergey Thu May 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Budi Sulistyo wrote:
I would be very pleased to meet any bonsai or suiseki lovers over there. Can anyone give the information? Please sms me to +62811861046. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Budi

http://www.bonsaisale.ru/information/

ev.sergey

Back to top Go down

Log wood from Pedro Morales, Puertorico - Page 2 Empty Re: Log wood from Pedro Morales, Puertorico

Post  Budi Sulistyo Fri May 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks friends for all the good words.
Thanks Dario on the information of the species.
And EV Sergey for the address.

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri May 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Budi,

Can you share some tips about Logwood?

I have a few and I noticed that they do grow & swell very fast. I wired one tree 3 months ago while "dormant" and last weekend I noticed that the wire has already cut in about 1mm throughout one branch. I removed it right away. To think that this particular tree is the last to send out new leaves and just starting now.

I also broke one branch at the trunk junction while wiring a few weeks back. It seems to be the weakest link for the branch since branches can be easily bent elsewhere.

Thank you.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Sat May 12, 2012 5:13 am

Hi Dario,

Logwood is a quick growing plant in the tropics. You have to control the wiring regularly. Cutting is really necessary in the upper part to let the growth of the lower branch better. Do not cut off the tip of the growth if you want to thicken the branch.

Budi .
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Mon May 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Thanks Budi!
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

TROPICAL ENVY
20 yrs work in 3! Shocked

D.
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Log wood from Pedro Morales, Puertorico - Page 2 Empty in the future

Post  abcd Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:17 am

[img]Log wood from Pedro Morales, Puertorico - Page 2 Tree14[/img]

More short trunk, largest and less deep pot, but i don't know campeche styles !!!
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  elcio brignol Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:02 pm

pithecolobiun tortun (brasilian rain tree)???

elcio brignol

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:24 pm

elcio brignol wrote:pithecolobiun tortun (brasilian rain tree)???
Nope...Haematoxylum campechianum
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  elcio brignol Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Brasilian rain tree??? beatiful tree!!! congratulations

elcio brignol

Back to top Go down

Post  NELSON HERNANDEZ Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Budi,, very nice natural look. Always, very nice works !.

NELSON HERNANDEZ
NELSON HERNANDEZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks Nelson. Hope to see you again some day.

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:24 pm

The tree right now,

Log wood from Pedro Morales, Puertorico - Page 2 Log_wo11

You will be able to see it in The Grand Indonesian Bonsai and Suiseki Exhibition. See www.bonsai-ppbi.com/celebrate35

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lost2301 Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:36 am

Great tree! In your original photo of the tree it looks like it did not have many branches on one side. How did you did you get the tree to develop branches all around it?

Thanks,

Mike
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:55 am

Hi Mike,

The tree has the same branches as in the previous picture. The difference is on the width of the tree. I reduced the length of the branches, so that the tree looked narrower. Besides of that I develop some twigs to function as branches.
I hope you understand.

Budi
www.bonsai-ppbi.com/celebrate35
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:23 pm

So natural Mr Budi. thank you.

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Parke Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Very nice tree Budi!

Can you show us what it looks like now.

Thanks

Nigel
Nigel Parke
Nigel Parke

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:53 am

Log wood from Pedro Morales, Puertorico - Page 2 Apr_2011

Hi Nigel,

Here is the picture I took this afternoon. I got some new branches on the down part, so that the tree looks taller. However, I lost three branches on middle up on the right side, due to fungus. I just changed it with one branch that I raised up. Please enjoy.

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Parke Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Budi,

Thank you for the update photo. The tree looks quite stately despite the loss of the branches.

I'm drawing inspiration from your tree for my own logwood project.

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards,
Nigel
Nigel Parke
Nigel Parke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next