Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not "super large" -Penjing

+9
Tyok
moyogijohn
marcus watts
Sam Ogranaja
Pavel Slovák
Jesse
ludoh4
Poink88
fiona
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Not "super large" -Penjing - Page 3 Empty Re: Not "super large" -Penjing

Post  Guest Wed May 09, 2012 12:43 am

Les,
No no no Don't say sorry. Just think of it that I wrote what Ferdie posted, and I wanted to addressed it to you. I really like the attitude of people like you towards the aspect creativity in bonsai. Practicing on penjing will help us develop "eyes" in creating single trees in a pot. It will help us in further development of perception on depth, perspective and proportion. On the horticultural side imagine this, which tree will be much easier to maintain? the tree in a pot that can be repotted if needed be, or a tree panted in small crevices of rocks and very little amount of soil. and how would you keep it proportion for a long time with the other elements that is not growing? Surely you can cheat by removing the trees after taking photos and placed it back again when you need them, but that is not the way it is.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Wed May 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Im also extending and addresing to LES, the creativity both of you shown to us, you guys are really great..Thank you for sharing your works of art..
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed May 09, 2012 2:32 pm

In case anyone's wondering, with his permission, I hived off Les's own creations to their own thread so he could talk some more about it rather than take up Jun's thread.

You can find it HERE.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  leslonsdale Wed May 09, 2012 2:44 pm

jun wrote:Les,
No no no Don't say sorry. Just think of it that I wrote what Ferdie posted, and I wanted to addressed it to you. I really like the attitude of people like you towards the aspect creativity in bonsai. Practicing on penjing will help us develop "eyes" in creating single trees in a pot. It will help us in further development of perception on depth, perspective and proportion. On the horticultural side imagine this, which tree will be much easier to maintain? the tree in a pot that can be repotted if needed be, or a tree panted in small crevices of rocks and very little amount of soil. and how would you keep it proportion for a long time with the other elements that is not growing? Surely you can cheat by removing the trees after taking photos and placed it back again when you need them, but that is not the way it is.

regards,
jun Smile

Thank you for your kind remarks. I hope to learn much in these forums!! Look at my thread, where I will share a technique for keeping trees in small crevices wet longer, where watering enough is a problem.

Les
leslonsdale
leslonsdale

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3