Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year.

3 posters

Go down

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. Empty (Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year.

Post  Mr Miyagi Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi IBC, just wanted to show the years progression of a Beech I collected last year.
The first two photos are how it looks now, the third and fourth are after collection and after leafing-out.
The tree is doing well. As can be seen I started growing another branch towards the back as without it the tree was very flat. I will leave the stump as it is for a few years before I do something about it.

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. 213

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. 117

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. 312

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. 412
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. Empty Re: (Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year.

Post  drgonzo Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

A very unusual and stylistically challenging tree to be sure. What are your plans for 'the stump'?
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. Empty beech collected last year

Post  moyogijohn Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:48 am

Mr.Myiagi,,, Nice tree,,have you thought about useing the 2ond picture as a front ??? looks like that would take away the sling shot away where the branches split from the trunk... the stump i am sure you have your idea for it.. it will be a good tree,,post again..take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. Empty Re: (Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year.

Post  Mr Miyagi Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 pm

drgonzo wrote:A very unusual and stylistically challenging tree to be sure. What are your plans for 'the stump'?
-Jay

Hi Jay, Not initially sure on what to do with the stump. Will probably take it right back, maybe hollow it out a little? I would like to remove it enough so that it cannot be seen on the right hand side of my intended front. Any ideas on what you’d do with it?
Thanks Sam
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Miyagi Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:56 pm

moyogijohn wrote:Mr.Myiagi,,, Nice tree,,have you thought about useing the 2ond picture as a front ??? looks like that would take away the sling shot away where the branches split from the trunk... the stump i am sure you have your idea for it.. it will be a good tree,,post again..take care john

Hi John, Hadn’t really considered any other front until I took the photo. Would depend on what I can do with the stump I think. I’ve done a quick virtual of how I envisaged it. Still got a few years to consider the options.
Thanks Sam

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. Beech_10
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

(Fagus sylvatica) Beech collected last year. Empty beech collected last year

Post  moyogijohn Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:15 pm

SAM,, Good to see you post ! since looking at your great virtual,,in my opion,,that is the way to go..love that pot with that tree !! you really don,t have that far to go with the tree designed in that way... how is the elm doing ??? that one i want to see please..take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Hi Jay, Not initially sure on what to do with the stump. Will probably take it right back, maybe hollow it out a little? I would like to remove it enough so that it cannot be seen on the right hand side of my intended front. Any ideas on what you’d do with it?
Thanks Sam

Knowing how slowly (if ever) a Beech will grow over a wound that size, I would probably wait till I had the tree in outstanding health then take the stump back to the trunk line and hollow it into a large uro or shari. Hit it with wood hardener and try and use it as part of the design on the back side. Make it a feature rather than an eye-sore.
-Jay

drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down