Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY LARGEST CASUARINA

+16
marcus watts
john5555leonard
shannon
hungbonsai
priya uthama
theBalance
cosmos
Poink88
Andrei Darusenkov
Ebbtide
reg-i
Sam Ogranaja
anttal63
Orion
bucknbonsai
Robert Steven
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MY LARGEST CASUARINA - Page 3 Empty Re: MY LARGEST CASUARINA

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:00 am

cjloong wrote:
jun wrote:
Randy wrote:hi robert, i've got a casuarina materials collected from upland they have a simple bended trunks, i've got it bare root, what advice can you give for this plants to survive.

Randy,
Hi!
I hope you won't mind me answering your question.
bare rooting a casuarina will lessen its chance of survival. the best season to dig casuarina in our country is in the months of April and early May.
Placed the newly planted yamadori in a shaded area, covered with plastic and never move the tree until they are stable.

regards,
jun Smile
Hi, hope you don't mind me asking, why is April and May the best months? Is it because they are going to rain soon? How are the weather in Phillipines?

Yes you are right! and we got the same weather season as well. The tree will recover faster during the growth period (rainy season). Our summer is very hot and would dehydrate trees specially root bare trees. Hunting in rainy season is not good too as you will disrupt the growth momentum of the tree. specially after cutting the roots.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

MY LARGEST CASUARINA - Page 3 Empty Re: MY LARGEST CASUARINA

Post  INDAN Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:24 am

Robert Steven wrote:
You simply select the roots which you want them to grow thick, then direct them into the pipes, fill the pipes with soil; then let them grow into the grown through the pipes...

Very interesting solution to the roots!
thank you!
INDAN
INDAN

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2