Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!?

4 posters

Go down

fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!? Empty fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!?

Post  Max Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Hey everybody,

this crateagus raft came to me by fortunate circumstances. Laughing
I got in 2010 and repotted it in 2011. So these photos are already a little older... (as always when I post something... Embarassed )
But I will take some new photos when growing begins this year.
The photos with black background don't show it in the correct angle so the tree will of course be moved counterclockwise to see all trunks and make it more 3D.

Majo from Germany made some virtuals for me but I am not happy with the pots at all.
Has anybody a good a idea for a pot? I am thinking of something oval with glaze.
My feeling says Tom could do something very nice for it?!?...
What do you think? Any comments are welcome! Feel free to write anything you want. Wink

Best wishes!
Max

in 2010 when I got it
fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!? Crataegus2
fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!? Crataegus3
fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!? Crataegus1

in 2011 when I repotted it
fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!? File

Majo's virtuals:
fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!? P1260710
fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!? P1260711
Max
Max

Back to top Go down

fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!? Empty Re: fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!?

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Max,
I like your raft, it has a lot of potential! I also like the virtual, but not so much for a Hawthorn Raft. Al those branches growing downwards, like on a pine or Juniper raft. Especially on a raft, like in your virtual, that shows a group of trees in the distance, when posible, style it in the spirit of the real thing! So the bottom branches can go downwards, but the further you go upwards the trunks, the branches should grow more upwards. I am sure that with some small changes in your design it will be a beautiful raft/forest look Bonsai! Smile If thats a word?
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!? Empty Re: fitting pot for my crateagus raft!?!?

Post  marcus watts Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Max,
I think you have a very good piece of material - but for the next few years it would be better to concentrate on the branch selection and ramification so no need to worry about a pot virtual just yet, as putting the tree in a shallow bonsai pot will hold back the development for many years.

When the tree is finally ready for a pot shallow, long, - oval for feminine foliage or rectangular for masculine angular foliage. this will be your choice depending on how you direct the new ramification that needs to develop.

patience makes the tree, Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 am

Hans van Meer. wrote:Hi Max,
I like your raft, it has a lot of potential! I also like the virtual, but not so much for a Hawthorn Raft. Al those branches growing downwards, like on a pine or Juniper raft. Especially on a raft, like in your virtual, that shows a group of trees in the distance, when posible, style it in the spirit of the real thing! So the bottom branches can go downwards, but the further you go upwards the trunks, the branches should grow more upwards. I am sure that with some small changes in your design it will be a beautiful raft/forest look Bonsai! Smile If thats a word?
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Thank you very much Hans! I will definetly think about you while styling the tree through the next few years. The virtuals are realy very much like needle tree but I will see what future brings.
Max
Max

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:59 am

marcus watts wrote:Hi Max,
I think you have a very good piece of material - but for the next few years it would be better to concentrate on the branch selection and ramification so no need to worry about a pot virtual just yet, as putting the tree in a shallow bonsai pot will hold back the development for many years.

When the tree is finally ready for a pot shallow, long, - oval for feminine foliage or rectangular for masculine angular foliage. this will be your choice depending on how you direct the new ramification that needs to develop.

patience makes the tree, Marcus
Hi Marcus, thanks for your reply! Yes, I can't repott it so soon. I just would like to get some ideas. It will take some time to get the right pot especially if I want to order in a foreign country and need to receive it on an exhibition then. Best wishes! Max
Max
Max

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveV. Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Good choice, Max. I like your future design.

DaveV.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down