Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do any of these fit a politico you know?

3 posters

Go down

Do any of these fit a politico you know? Empty Do any of these fit a politico you know?

Post  JimLewis Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Lots of truth in these colorful comments...........

*The problem with political jokes is they get elected. ~Henry Cate, VII

* We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop

* If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these acceptance speeches there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven. ~Will Rogers

* Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato

* Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. ~Nikita Khrushchev

* When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it. ~Clarence Darrow

* Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you. ~Author Unknown

* If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. ~Jay Leno

* Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel. ~John Quinton

* Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

* A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country. ~Texas Guinan

* Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so. ~Gore Vidal

* I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. ~Charles de Gaulle

* Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks. ~Doug Larson

# # #
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Do any of these fit a politico you know? Empty Do Any of These Fit

Post  bonsaisr Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Oh, absolutely.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Do any of these fit a politico you know? Empty Re: Do any of these fit a politico you know?

Post  Poink88 Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Sadly, there is more truth in them (almost 100%) than I wanted. Evil or Very Mad
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Do any of these fit a politico you know? Empty Re: Do any of these fit a politico you know?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum