Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

book suggestions

4 posters

Go down

book suggestions Empty book suggestions

Post  austinheitzman Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:26 am

This isn't dirrectly a bonsai question, but I was wondering if anyone could recomend a good horticultural book. Something that touches on the growing, trimming, transplanting, propogation, ect. ect. of most things. thanks.

austinheitzman

Back to top Go down

book suggestions Empty Re: book suggestions

Post  Jim Doiron Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:08 am

Jim Doiron
Jim Doiron

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Heath Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:30 am

'The Growing Tree' by Brayton F. Wilson will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about trees, how and why they grow. I wrote a review on this book which can be found by searching for it.

I'm a little apprehensive about posting links here lately, I apologize.

Will
Will Heath
Will Heath

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:52 am

I have a short list of recommended texts I use with horti students. I'm off to work now but will post it here when I get back this afternoon. Assuming of course I can find it among the piles of crap that accumulate as we come to the end of term.

There is a mixture of general horti texts and tree specific ones, and most books on the list are available on both sides of the Pond as far as I am aware.

What level of knowledge do you want? The list covers from practical craft gardener level right up to degree level. I'll adjust it according to your preferred level.

Hope it helps.
Hope I remember to post - that age thing is beginning to creep in. Mad Sad

Fiona
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

book suggestions Empty taking it up a notch

Post  austinheitzman Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:21 am

Thanks everyone for the suggestions- I would prefer the degree level texts. I am really interested in learning some things here, things that I can apply to my bonsai but also take beyond bonsai. I look forward to the list!

austinheitzman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down