Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk

3 posters

Go down

Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Empty Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk

Post  Pavel Slovák Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi all
In 2010 I was given this from Tony Tickel Yew. It has a very dominant dead wood. Unfortunately, it was almost completely separated from live parts.
Only at the bottom of the seam in one small section in the middle. When transplanting a tree, I drilled a hole into the dead wood. The two joined the long screw. But I was not satisfied. I was looking for better solutions. How to ensure a better connection of the dead with live parts. Random conversation with a friend in the auto service brought me to the idea. Apply two-component epoxy plasticine. Can be used on wood, metal and other materials. Great frost resistant, can be used in humid environments and in water. Plasticines I bought and made repairs. On the basis of tribe I created from plasticine wedge that is pushed into the folds inside dead wood.
Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Yw-20-10
Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Stpo-110
Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Repy_010
Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Repy_011
Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Repy_012
Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Repy_013
Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Repy_014
Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Repy_015

Gretings Pavel
more pict.: http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/galerie/taxus-baccata---yamadori----old-deadwood---2010/
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Empty taxus-baccata-yamadori-old-deadwood-repair-of-trunk

Post  Neil Brough Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Thats a tidy improvement to the effected trunk area nice one. With epoxy you can probably add some taxus timber material to deepen the colour of the finished surface.

Neil Brough

Back to top Go down

Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Empty Re: Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk

Post  marcus watts Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:19 pm

good tip, i have a tanuki juniper that needs similar work

thanks Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk Empty Re: Taxus baccata yamadori - old deadwood - repair of trunk

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Thank you Neil and Marcus.
I hope that a good tip that will help. Very Happy
Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down