Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Kids in us

+19
Mohan
Zach Smith
Sakaki
xuang26
jong
tofuboy
Rob Kempinski
Robert Steven
theBalance
Hans van Meer.
fM
hirow08
marcus watts
Smithy
bonsaisr
moyogijohn
martin kolacia
Khaimraj Seepersad
my nellie
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

For the Kids in us - Page 2 Empty Re: For the Kids in us

Post  Robert Steven Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:53 am

Jun, as a good artist, you are also a good craftman..
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:41 am

Very cool kite. Will be a good addition to a nice tree.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  tofuboy Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 am

cheers Very Innovative Jun, congratulations! Im pinoy and a big fan of your creativity, this reminds me so much of the works of fellow artist bronze sculptor Michael Cacnio. I've been wanting to replicate his works in bonsai but, as usual, work gets in the way. Here are some of his works...

For the Kids in us - Page 2 57528010

For the Kids in us - Page 2 110

For the Kids in us - Page 2 510
tofuboy
tofuboy

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:44 am

Tofuboy, thank you very much for posting those images!
How nice they are!
Mmmm I think I can smell candied sugar coming from the second one! I could give anything in return for being able to run towards the bench of that peddler at the age of the boy.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:35 am

Tofuboy...WOW....
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Tufoboy,

Thanks for posting some of Michael's works. I love his sculptures too and inspired like you in creating bonsai landscape similar to his sculptures. I think I have seen some of his works in megamall a few months back. If I am not mistaken the huge bronze tree with swing is his.

regards,
jun Smile

People,

Thanks again!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tofuboy Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:19 am

Hi jun,
Are you referring to this one?

For the Kids in us - Page 2 Swing10

...like mike's, i love your works because they show that, indeed, " its more fun in the Philippines" Very Happy

Hi robert,
im glad you like it, hope to meet you when you visit our islands

Hi my nellie,
your welcome, its actually an ice cream cart, and when you live in a tropical country like ours, the sight of an ice cream cart can be compared to that of a yamadori hunter zeroing in on a material Smile
tofuboy
tofuboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Tufoboy,
I am not sure if that is the one. I think the piece I saw is much bigger...Not so sure though with the scale.

Anyway, thanks for appreciating my works. but Michael is a real pro. His father is a veteran artist that designed some of our Peso bills (money), right?

PS
Robert is definitely coming on the 11th, his critique and demo will be on the 12th of Feb. I hope to see you there. Lot of organizations are involved in the show now, and we are hoping for it be a huge but friendly event and a good learning experience for most of us.

We will announce the final program details before the months end.

Please, Prepare some bucks for his books if you are interested. we asked him to bring some, so that he can sign the books for us. Pm me if you plan to acquire a copy, because he can only bring a bunch.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:10 pm

jun wrote:PS
Robert is definitely coming on the 11th, his critique and demo will be on the 12th of Feb. I hope to see you there. Lot of organizations are involved in the show now, and we are hoping for it be a huge but friendly event and a good learning experience for most of us.

We will announce the final program details before the months end.

Please, Prepare some bucks for his books if you are interested. we asked him to bring some, so that he can sign the books for us. Pm me if you plan to acquire a copy, because he can only bring a bunch.

regards,
jun Smile

Jun, thanks for the info. Buddies..I can't wait to meet you all in Manila..must be fun... Bagpiper

Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  jong Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Jun congrats for winning the pot, can i buy that pot? joke... Hehehe. By the way i will buy two vol. Of the book.

jong

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:21 am

Hi IBC.
I have a question.Would it be ethical to bring your own backdrop to a show,, to a backdrop less show?. I know it is costly to provide hundred of meters of white backing and it 's frame and I understand that concern. Will it be used as a basis for disqualification?

I find it personally difficult to appreciate the total being of the tree/composition if there are lot of distractions visible at the back of the display especially if the show is held outdoors.

....So, In short I am using this issue to create my own removable backdrop connected to a stand.

For the Kids in us - Page 2 Dsc_2811

Now I got my own Flat TV......
For the Kids in us - Page 2 Dsc_2727

A 4D TV....hehehe
For the Kids in us - Page 2 Dsc_2810

If the organizer of a show will allow me to display this I'll bring it along...
Comments are always welcome!

regards,
jun Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:25 am

In my opinion, you absolutely can..and this is very nice.
Hope to see one next week.... Can't wait....
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:26 am

BTW, I just notice, your son really looks like you..or maybe you look like your son... Suspect
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:35 am

Robert Steven wrote:In my opinion, you absolutely can..and this is very nice.
Hope to see one next week.... Can't wait....

Yes, Robert. I just got invitation to put a display/displays in the show (because I am not a member of our host club), so you'll be seeing this one plus the one I am reserving for you to comment on...at least in the flesh this time, we can re structure the whole composition in the show if we need to.

...and many thanks!

No, my kid is much better looking than me.hehehe.

See you soon.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  hirow08 Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 am

Cant stop starin at it lol

It's like "Bonsai Show evolution" Smile
And it's so cool if it will start here in our own country Cool

hirow08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:35 am

hirow08 wrote:Cant stop starin at it lol

It's like "Bonsai Show evolution" Smile
And it's so cool if it will start here in our own country Cool

...If there are more people like you who are open to new ideas, Why not Hirow?...Now how will we classify this? Penjing or bonsai? hehehe.

Thanks anyway. I 'll see you on the 12th! That is Sunday, So there is no excuse for you not to be there, right? hehehe.

There is a free breakfast somewhere on the 12th with Robert, I'll send you PM if you are interested. It is a small gathering for Filipino IBCers, so everybody is invited, just send me PM guys.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:48 am

jun wrote:...If there are more people like you who are open to new ideas, Why not Hirow?...Now how will we classify this? Penjing or bonsai? hehehe.

regards,
jun Smile

Jun, please remind me to talk about Penjing..so many people misunderstood about bonsai vs penjing.
I remember once a senior bonsai artist in Indonesia commented about my creations as a contaminated bonsai and unauthentic penjing...
affraid
At the same time, he commented my "bunjin" as a contemporer bonsai....describing the phylosophy of "bunjin" style bonsai like the old Chinese schoolar, skinny, but intelectual... drunken drunken cyclops

I don't even know what styles I am creating.... Sleep
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 am

There is a free breakfast somewhere on the 12th with Robert, I'll send you PM if you are interested. It is a small gathering for Filipino IBCers, so everybody is invited, just send me PM guys.
regards,
jun.

Free breakfast and great Bonsai.......can I come, please! Very Happy
Your backdrop is the icing on the cake! It makes your hole composition looking realy cool!!!!! I am sure it will be a showstopper!!! cheers
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Thank you Hans!

Yes free breakfast! free Lunch! free Dinner (maybe) and drink all you can of (San Miguel )beer after the show! hehehe. Do come anytime, there is still a room for another bonsai master! and we will be happy to have you here...We'll prepare a Phempis acidula for your demo. Very Happy

regards,
jun Smile

Last edited by jun on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:08 pm

The backdrop is a great idea - I've seen it done a couple of times. In your case it really adds to the composition.

Last edited by Rob Kempinski on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Thank you Rob.

I have seen somewhere a photo of a Japanese show (They are not that strict after all) where a bonsai is placed inside an old television set (the one with wooden box/housing)....I guess mine is the the modern version,,,a super slim flat screen 4D Hi definition LED TV. Razz

...Would you believe the kite continuously moves up and down when placed in a windy area... Very Happy ...I got to find a table under an Airconditioned duct though.hehehe.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Any chance you can make the backdrop a bit bigger?

Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:50 pm

That would be a good idea Rob. I was thinking of doing making it wider, but I am concerned with the probability of occupying much space in the display area.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:36 am

jun wrote:Thank you Hans!

Yes free breakfast! free Lunch! free Dinner (maybe) and drink all you can of (San Miguel )beer after the show! hehehe. Do come anytime, there is still a room for another bonsai master! and we will be happy to have you here...We'll prepare a Phempis acidula for your demo. Very Happy

regards,
jun Smile

That's a bit mean Jun Sad I wish I could! Very Happy I would love to visit your beautiful country and do some Bonsai together with you! So if there is a spot fore a demonstrator next time....I am willing and able and would love to work on one of those almost legendary Phempis!!! Very Happy
And making your backdrop just a little bit wider is a good idea. But it is lovely anyway!!!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 am

Hans,
You are always welcome in the Philippines! You won't regret coming here...I'll hunt a pine for you.
I'll be probably in UK before the year end...Hope there is a bonsai activity in your region by that time...and meet you and some of the folks here in IBC.

regards,
jun Smile

Folks,
The Show/exhibit started today...the tree looks well. BTW. and were not disqualified Razz Razz ...the only problem was where to classify it, as there is a penjing category and a separate category for plain bonsai, the same goes with my forest entry. Razz

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next