Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai

+5
Todd Ellis
bonsai monkey
hin175
Rob Kempinski
actubonsai
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai - Page 2 Empty Re: Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai

Post  actubonsai Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Festival international de bonsaï 2011
Nicola Kitora Crivelli's trees.

Guillaume
actubonsai
actubonsai

Back to top Go down

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai - Page 2 Empty Re: Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai

Post  Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:41 am

This was a great show, the Rosemary was an absolute favourite for me, the contrast between the deadwood and live is for me a joy, the movement, shape of the foliage is exquisite.

I think this image shows how well the contrast works and is not as 'stark' as first imagined

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai - Page 2 Img_2410

Back to top Go down

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai - Page 2 Empty Andouillette: French Pig-Colon Sausage

Post  Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:54 am

More shocking than bright deadwood was the Andouillette (French Pig-Colon Sausage) I experienced! For a full account of this 'delicacy' read more Here This is NOT for the faint hearted, If you have a weak stomach DO NOT READ.

I was told "it's like Haggis"... believe me its NOTHING like Haggis. Out of courtesy to my French Host I managed three mouth fulls... truly the WORST thing I have smelt and eaten...

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai - Page 2 Img_2412

Back to top Go down

Post  Anil kumar Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Nice Creation

Anil kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 pm

lot of lol Tony Very Happy
I truly think you have to be french to putatively like the Andouillette, or any other french food with Pig(or cow)-colon...
I try each time I travel to test the local food, with almost good (but a few disastrous) surprise... thanks to have test, and for the picture of the dead wood ThumbsUp
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  alexis Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Do you know Tony :
A great french politician (Edouard Herriot -similar to your 1st minister 50 years ago) said : Andouillette is like policy, It do smell shit, but not too much.

Sorry, it was a trial of british humour Rolling Eyes

More seriously, what is amazing with the rosemary of JF. Busquet is that it's a totally natural tree, I saw it several years ago, just after its picking, as shown in saulieu, a part for "green shapes" obviously.

alexis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Tony,

Maybe they could take some rosemary cuttings from the bonsai and give the sausage a bit different flavor. pig

That Rosemary is a great bonsai tree - would like to know more about its history.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks for sharing some better images of the tree, seems like it's causing a bit of a stir on the Forum you posted a link to.
This is a fantastic tree, always thought so, and I hope that I didn't cause offence with my original enquiry. Superb to see something in addition to the "Usual Suspects" Wink

Tony
Don't go much on your dinner mate!!

Regards,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai - Page 2 Empty Jean-François Busquet Rosemary history

Post  hin175 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:39 am

You can find a more detailed history of this rosemary in the Esprit Bonsai magazine number 52.
To tell a long story short, the sampling have been made in the spring 2008 (it was horizontally growing in a rocky place), then repotted in may 2010 in its present position and formed. After some thinking, the front was decided according to the living vein movements. The head have been uplift from a lateral branch, and the other branches have been formed. In February 2011, the formed tree have been repotted in a pot by Peter Krebs, in order to lighten the composition. After, the most part of the work was to pinch at 3 or 4 pairs of leaves.

A great job of Jean-François... I will try to introduce him to IBC, to tell the long story... long and detailed (and probably with more pictures) Very Happy

More pictures have been added on this thread, with some close-up and visual effects to highlight the structure of the dead woods...
It really was a great exhibition ! thumbs up
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  actubonsai Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:40 am

Buxus sempervirens
owner : François GAU

Acer palmatum arakawa
owner : Pius NOTTER

Juniperus chinensis
owner : Frédéric CHENAL
actubonsai
actubonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:59 am

The last pictures from Tilliayg....
Very nice pictures and really detailed, with some accent plants in bonus
I particularly love the dead wood details... who talked about the dead wood in a rosemary ? Very Happy
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2