Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liquid Feritlizer

3 posters

Go down

Liquid Feritlizer  Empty Liquid Feritlizer

Post  remist17 Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:06 pm

I would like to know what is a good liquid fertilizer to use?

I have a local store that carries 10-10-10. What about mericle grow? I heard this is a short term boost and that is it.

Thanks
remist17
remist17

Back to top Go down

Liquid Feritlizer  Empty Re: Liquid Feritlizer

Post  drgonzo Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Remist head over to "help with Beech leaves" thread.
Paul and I are just on the topic of liquid fertilizers now.
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:44 pm

remist17 wrote:I would like to know what is a good liquid fertilizer to use?

I have a local store that carries 10-10-10. What about mericle grow? I heard this is a short term boost and that is it.

Thanks

You are correct in that liquid is a short term thing but so is everything else unless you go with a time release product such as Osmocote. With Osmocote which releases fertilizer through a membrane the rate of release and time of effectiveness depends upon temperature, for example you can get 90 day Osmocote but that 90 day measure is at 70 F, if the temperature is in the 90's F then the 90 days becomes 30 days.

Organic fertilizers last longer because they have to break down into inorganic compounds for the plants to be able to use them.

Another problem is that as much as we water our trees in containers with well draining soil we are watering the fertilizer out rather quickly, which is in the long run a good thing because fertilizer salts can be toxic to plant roots if they build up in the soil.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down