Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think

+4
pine queen
littleart-fx
Kev Bailey
andy mcconnell
8 posters

Go down

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Empty tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think

Post  andy mcconnell Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:15 pm

GOOD TO HAVE THE SITE BACKtanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Test1016 MISSED IT HOPE THIS WORKS
andy mcconnell
andy mcconnell

Back to top Go down

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Empty tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think

Post  andy mcconnell Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:17 pm

THIS IS GREAT NO MORE PICTURE RESIZING
andy mcconnell
andy mcconnell

Back to top Go down

Post  andy mcconnell Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:10 pm

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Trees324

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Trees326
andy mcconnell
andy mcconnell

Back to top Go down

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Empty tanuki spruce

Post  andy mcconnell Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:14 pm

THANKS KEV I KEEP LOSING SOME PICTURES WHEN I TRY TO POST IS THERE A SIZE OR QUANTITY LIMIT THANKS ANDYtanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Test1020
andy mcconnell
andy mcconnell

Back to top Go down

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Empty Re: tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think

Post  Kev Bailey Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi Andy,

I'm glad you got these pictures up and appreciate the lack of need to resize. If you look carefully at the bits of code in your post, you can edit out the parts that are appearing on screen before or after the picture code that is actually in use.

The code for each picture can have just this one element and it still works:-

{img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/13/48/11/68/trees324.jpg[/img}

Basically that means {open image tag]web address of picture {end of image tag]

but the brackets must be square ones ], not curly }

I suspect that you just have too many tags included and it is upsetting the system.

I think your pot is an absolutely wonderful match for the tree. It appears strong and deep and will complement the heaviness of the tanuki's "trunk".
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Empty tanuci spruce thoughts

Post  littleart-fx Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:14 am

first of all sorry, just like you I suppose we are in winter.
complaining about the weather laughs for you.
snow more snow and frost, what to do what to do......virtual bonsai.

I was browsing the ibc forum and came across your tanuki spruce.
first of all nice tanuki,..... tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Icon_lol

second, pot choice would suite me fine, did it enter?

but third......hmm....for me bonsai is at the moment browsing and surfing when I can't lay may hand on real trees due to weather
I surf read and see.

I saw yours... first opinion (I am an a bit of an artist) "hexodramatic drama"...........please do not feel alarmed!

The first picture shows what I mean, am not a teacher (red lines ) just an opinion.
The first thing that occurred to me where horizontal lines (and with this pot choice will be understate)
these lines are powered by side lines (none horizontal)

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Tanuki10

what I did was turning the trunk hugely up and changed the top (hmmmm walter thanks (his picture)tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Icon_smile
Of course don't know if this is possible ......and hey, just a thought.
and it keeps me busy with bonsai....thanks!

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Tanuki11

grtzz machiel
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Empty Re: tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think

Post  pine queen Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:35 am

My thoughts to show.

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Test1010

pine queen

Back to top Go down

Post  andy mcconnell Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:59 pm

hi all
littleart-fx thanks it is a nice tree
i did go into the new pot ,it looks good!
dont worry i am not alarmed
art is a large percent of what we do every time we cut or bend our little trees!!!
you have a good eye, the centre of the tree has a horizontal area where the two live veins almost touch ,it will have to be fixed in the future
most likely with an trunk angle change

pine queen your virtual is what i have in mind also
i have wired the straight branches once into tight curves to match the deadwood trunk ,this spring they will be pruned back hard to a more compact tree
tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Spruce10

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Spruce11
the problem area

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Spruce12
all the trees are frozen in until april
canadian winters are fun!!
andy mcconnell
andy mcconnell

Back to top Go down

Post  andy mcconnell Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 pm

not sure why the pics are so small
if anyone can help, i tried a test pic in the largest size and it still came out small??

You are pasting in the code for the thumbnail. Look at the code asfter you post and there's a th/ in there. I just deleted those three characters and all posts are now full sized. - Kev

Last edited by Kev Bailey on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To explain why pics were thumbnails)
andy mcconnell
andy mcconnell

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Moquin Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:34 pm

... if you click on them they enlarge. Folks need to remember to that when a they navigate over a pic and the arrow changes to a hand, it means you can enlarge it.
Rick Moquin
Rick Moquin

Back to top Go down

Post  andy mcconnell Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 pm

tanuki spruce new pot this spring what do you think Trees311

solved my problem i was copying the top image instead of the middle box
andy mcconnell
andy mcconnell

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Very nice piece of artistry there. I have two large pieces of pine root that I collected last autumn with the intention of turning into a couple of tanuki Hemlocks, The only trouble is I can’t get over the fact that what I would potentially create is fake. And yet looking at your creation I’d be more than happy to own that?
NUTS or what? Maybe I need therapy before I commence. scratch
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 pm

i dont own a piece like showed, but tanuki for me is just another way of creating a bonsai.
Where people are grafting on branches as they desire, seems to me that isn't natural to just another way of getting there!

andy pot suits fine!, how did you hold the tanuki trunk only by its roots?
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  andy mcconnell Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:19 pm

littleart-fx
it has small metal plates srewed into the trunk for anchoring wires
fuzzy
create and have fun , although i wasnt the original creator, this tree has been a pleasure to work on
andy mcconnell
andy mcconnell

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Will you moss the base of the trunk to the soil when you re pot? In the pictures it looks like it's just sitting on the top.

I like the "Phoenix" style and will be working on some of mine own this spring. It will be my first real attempt.

Thanks for sharing, I like this very much.
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:08 pm

I think the tree would look much better in a pot in my garden. Very Happy
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  andy mcconnell Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:06 pm

hi joe thanks
i wont moss the base ,i am afraid the moss will keep the wood to damp and allow rot to start
i am thinking of planting some small hens and chicks ,to hide the straight cut base

harleyrider
i see a new oak in your collection!!
how about a trade lol!
andy mcconnell
andy mcconnell

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Excellent idea!

I'll pretend your tree is in my garden ands you can do the same!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:41 pm

to preserve the trunks base you could when you are re potting let the trunk drie out, on repotting stage preserve it with wood rot preserver
only crosscut wood underneath, grtzz m
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down