Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREETINGS

+2
Ryan
mike page
6 posters

Go down

GREETINGS  Empty GREETINGS

Post  mike page Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:08 pm

from Earthquake Country to Hurricane Country. May all of you and your bonsai be safe.
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

GREETINGS  Empty Re: GREETINGS

Post  Ryan Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks Mike. It's not supposed to hit my area until late saturday night to early sunday morning. Oh boy.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Ryan wrote:Thanks Mike. It's not supposed to hit my area until late saturday night to early sunday morning. Oh boy.

Best of luck to you, Ryan. When I was a boy in Salem VA from around 1936 to 1948, we would sometime get some pretty good winds and rain from the hurricanes moving up the coast. And occasional minor flooding. Nover had any very serious damage.
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Can you dismantle your greenhouse, Ryan? Better you do it than Irene. Be certain all of your outside trees are off the tables and on the ground, pushed tightly up against your house.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Good luck guys.
we got one here too. storm signal number 4, the highest in its category and very rare even for us. it is as strong as hurricane Katrina hitting the northern part of our country.

wishing you well,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 am

Thank you Mike. I'm hoping that's all we get from this one. Just lots of rain.

Jim, I can and probably should. I'll do that tomorrow before it hits.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 am

I live in the Piedmont hills, close to the mountains (15 miles), and plan to put the tall trees down under near the benches just in case... I hope all of us in Irene's path/swath will be spared any major casualties.
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:40 am

Todd Ellis wrote:I live in the Piedmont hills, close to the mountains (15 miles), and plan to put the tall trees down under near the benches just in case... I hope all of us in Irene's path/swath will be spared any major casualties.

Take care Todd!

regards,
jun pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 am

Thanks, Jun! I hope your fellow country folks will be all right.
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentleman G. Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:04 am

First and foremost, I hope nothing happens to any of you guys! Growing up on the Texas coast, I've had my share of hurricane scares (never experienced a SEVERE hurricane, thankfully)!!! Hopefully nothing happens to any of your trees either. I really hope that any damage done is minimal, for anybody, bonsaist or not. Hurricanes are a very nasty, scary thing to have to experience. Is everyone/thing okay where you reside, Jun???
Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:26 am

Gentleman G. wrote:First and foremost, I hope nothing happens to any of you guys! Growing up on the Texas coast, I've had my share of hurricane scares (never experienced a SEVERE hurricane, thankfully)!!! Hopefully nothing happens to any of your trees either. I really hope that any damage done is minimal, for anybody, bonsaist or not. Hurricanes are a very nasty, scary thing to have to experience. Is everyone/thing okay where you reside, Jun???

Right now I'm inside a fortified cave. Twisted Evil just making things light. Thanks!
I am in metro Manila, quite far from the path of the huge storm. last night is was raised even higher- off the chart man!!. signal number four got a windspeed of 185-200Kilometers per Hour, this one got a max speed of 300KPH. a super Typhoon. luckily it didn't hit much of the city areas, otherwise is will caused a major catastrophe.

Back to top Go down

Post  ponsmaldo Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:03 am

best of luck to all of you guys!
ponsmaldo
ponsmaldo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: