Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

earthquakes

+6
Russell Coker
Rob Kempinski
fiona
mike page
memet
dick benbow
10 posters

Go down

earthquakes - Page 2 Empty earthquakes

Post  jake4bonsai Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:13 pm

I know this thread was started two years ago but for whomever may be interested I found one time searching for bonsai security/bonsai theft protection and I found a product that is a bonsai pot lock that's designed for securing bonsai trees to benches not only for theft resistance but weather protection also. Now I cannot remember where I found them or the exact name for the product but if you search for bonsai protection, bonsai security, bonsai pot locks, or something along those lines I'm sure you will find them. I have not used them yet but I am planning on it because we get storms here every year with some straight line winds and I'm tired of having to spend so much time watching the weather and being ready to go outside and set all my plants on the ground every time it calls for strong thunder storms. If I find them again I will post the name and source if anyone responds to this reply.
jake4bonsai
jake4bonsai

Back to top Go down

earthquakes - Page 2 Empty Re: earthquakes

Post  David D Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:54 am

For high winds we get here I have used fishing line, monofilament or spiderwire (or other very thin braided fishing line which is less likely to break down from UV exposure than mono). It is a bit tricky to tie without slack. You can't really see it unless you look closely.
David D
David D

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum