Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 RE-WIRES IN 1 YEAR.

3 posters

Go down

2 RE-WIRES IN 1 YEAR. Empty 2 RE-WIRES IN 1 YEAR.

Post  Mikey P Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi IBC. About 2 and a half months ago i removed quite a few branches and wired every branch on my big Chinese elm. It responded realy well and i have been rewarded with an abundance of growth. I recently removed the wire as it was starting to bite in to the bark quite seriously. Only a few of my branches have set in place and many have not. So i am wondering is it ok to re-wire the tree or should i give the tree a break for the rest of the year? I am not sure how much stress it will put on my Elm or how much stress it has already had. However it looks extremely healthy and is growing very vigorously. Thanks for any feed back and advice you guys can give me. Question Question Question Very Happy
Mikey P
Mikey P

Back to top Go down

2 RE-WIRES IN 1 YEAR. Empty Rewire

Post  kellyronald6 Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Yes, you can rewire your tree. Although you need to put the wire in a different place from where it was before.

kellyronald6

Back to top Go down

2 RE-WIRES IN 1 YEAR. Empty Re: 2 RE-WIRES IN 1 YEAR.

Post  JimLewis Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Rewire immediately. It's easiest just to wire in the opposite direction, if you can.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey P Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks Jim and thanks Kelly. I will get on it right away. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mikey P
Mikey P

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down