Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ninety-Five Theses or No Country for Old Men

+9
David D
Russell Coker
JimLewis
fiona
kauaibonsai
Mitch Thomas
Orion
marcus watts
Smithy
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Ninety-Five Theses or No Country for Old Men - Page 3 Empty Now we are on the right track

Post  Mitch Thomas Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi Tony
I am in totally agreement with you, I am even more grateful for all of the new friends I have made here on this fourm. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

When at bonsai in the blue grass Ryans disscussion he was saying what you reported before. How advanced Europe and the UK has come in recent times. In retrospect the west is poised to make some great advancements in the near future. We are assembling all the nessassary building blocks to do so. Like there are many more potters now than we have ever had. More stand builders. More people collecting our native trees. More youth and young at heart bonsaist. And with the aid of the Internet more information. But we also have a insurmountable amount of ground to cover to catch up with the east . Europe and the UK. It was a very inspirering discussion. I can really see how it struck a cord with you and your younger cohorts.

Yes I think many great bonsai are to be made!!

The future is bright thanks to everyone that participates with our passionate hobby/ affliction!

Some times I have a hard time translating the queens English ..... He he and all that

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

The Ninety-Five Theses or No Country for Old Men - Page 3 Empty Re: The Ninety-Five Theses or No Country for Old Men

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:19 am

Hi Mitch... Ryan is quite a guy!

Queens English? is that Queens as in one of the more suburban boroughs of New York City? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

The Ninety-Five Theses or No Country for Old Men - Page 3 Empty Re: The Ninety-Five Theses or No Country for Old Men

Post  Russell Coker Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:29 am

No Tony, Mitch meant Queens, as in Drag Queens. HEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY BOOOYYYY!!!!!!!!
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:22 am

tony wrote:Hi Mitch... Ryan is quite a guy!

Queens English? is that Queens as in one of the more suburban boroughs of New York City? Rolling Eyes

Ha, I can tell you ain't been to the Queens that I know! Cool
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

The Ninety-Five Theses or No Country for Old Men - Page 3 Empty Queens English

Post  Mitch Thomas Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:14 am

Tony , Russell , John
I think I can Trans-late (pun intended) the English all right, but I must watch more Monty-Python to understand the humor ha ha he he

Yawl beta watchet b 4 I start typin coonazz on ya. Choot em lizbeth

Now this is what I really enjoy about this fourm.

Exit stage right and leave the EGO at the door.

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:56 am

Mitch Thomas wrote:When I first started following this thread I wasn't really sure what the dirrection it was heading. Maybe it should be either deleted entirely or restarted with a more dirrect set of parameters.

Correct me if I am wrong. I understand the spirit of debate, but REALLY? Whats the point here other stirr up bad feelings and doubt.

These are some of the burning questions that I have gotten from this thread.

Why must we always try to discredit others to promote ourselves?
Why is my opinion always right?
Why is my art always better than yours (insert a name or country here).
Why must we all follow the rules and then rewrite them to suit our own agendas?
Why must we hide in the darkness to post something, if you dont want any one to know who you are.(GUEST?)
Why must we get old just when we start to figure things out?
Why must we not trust younger people to carry on for us when we are gone?

With all thay crying out of the way, lets make some thing positive out of this thread.

I am excited to see young people taking the art form to another level.

Like Forrest Gump said " That all I have to say about That"

Mitch Thomas
just a nobody from nowhere, self named ,self contained ,self admired, Bonsai artist

Mitch.

I hope you are not referring to my earlier respond to this thread or to Sam's or to Will...If you do please say it so, then I will answer all your questions that you posted above, if you need it to be answered. Specially I hope its not about WILL? (as you have pointed out the "guest) I hope you know what's going on in the forum even before you drop by in here some 3 or 4 months ago and contributed 75 posts.. People like Will and some other guys, me included are trying to defend this forum from other people who wanted nothing but to create some publicity for themselves at the expense of those (me included) who are willingly trying to learn to do bonsai.
I hope you stay here longer and share some of your bonsai with us too.

PS.
If you happened to see the word "guest", that guest more likely is someone who was a very active member of the forum. and they won't hide his or her identity to you, they will face you head on, anytime anywhere. Most likely, They were the ones who got the "balls" to say or do something that other members only wish they could also do other than talking/ writing, specially if it is about bonsai...I'm telling you, most of these "guests" are the ones who are truly loyal to the forum. They were the "assets" of the forum. So, please be sensitive enough next time you see a "GUEST".

don't get me wrong, I used to be new here too.

regards,
jun

Sorry Tony for the off topic, Will can't "defend himself anymore and he is my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Please, kindly allow me to point out what I have sifted out of this thread. These are the significant points that I underline...
fiona wrote: ... ... ... Actually the point I was making is that some of both the older and the younger generation are guilty of dismissing the other group solely on the basis of age rather than merit. What a darn waste that is for all concerned!… … … This is not a thread about age; it's a thread about attitude.

tony wrote: .... ... ... "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent". Words from the amazing Eleanor Roosevelt. Rolling Eyes
And I would like to emphasize more with this one "Nobody can offend you if you have not felt offended", words from a great Saint of Orthodox church.

Mitch Thomas wrote: ... ... More youth and young at heart bonsaist.

jun wrote: ... ... ... Sorry Tony for the off topic, Will can't "defend himself anymore and he is my friend.
I double that, Jun.

Thank you for your attention to an "aged" beginner's post.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

The Ninety-Five Theses or No Country for Old Men - Page 3 Empty My apologies

Post  Mitch Thomas Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Jun@ Sam
Please believe me when I tell you if I have tiffed anyone off here I am most sorry. Even tho I have been a member for only a few months I have been a long time follower. I was a shadow to the fourm. I even remember when you had a run in and was going to quit here, I am glad you didn't by the way. I enjoy your post and humor. I thought this thread was going the wrong way and was surprised it went as far as it did. I had to interject.

As I said before I think sometimes we take ourselves way to serious.

I beleve any one who sits in front of a tree and manipulates it to fulfill a minds eye vision to be an Bonsai Artist. Weather or not they recognize it. Some are more successful than others but thier art is just as meaningful. Being a artist does come with some baggage, passion, stubborness, short tempers, just to name a few. But our passion to advance over rides all of faults.

After all this I am now enlightened.

Some one said we must judge someones credence on the quality of thier trees. I do belive this also to a extent. What works for you in your back yard may not work for me in mine. I take all advise with a grain of salt. I don't have a world class collection but what I do have is important to me. My relationships with my bonsai friends are way more important to me. As for my advise I only say what I know. If I don't know I say nothing or refer a web address to do so.

Let's just make some bonsai and have a good laugh, and maybe a Bud- lite or two and get past all this.

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

The Ninety-Five Theses or No Country for Old Men - Page 3 Empty To my informal sensei

Post  Mitch Thomas Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Will
I hope you read this post. I consider you one of my informal sensei's. I have always valued you extensive knowledge and Artistic skill. Please believe me that if I have tiffed you off I am sorry and offer you my apology. Please do not let this silly subject be the defining factor here.

One of the biggest problems with having a artist for a friend/ teacher, is the passion often makes us butt heads.

Sincerely Mitch Thomas

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:45 pm

I mean no trouble with you Mitch. I think Russell had already explained the real situation to you.
I am not a serous guy, You can see it in my posts and in my works, I hate too stiff rules...but when it comes to my friend and a very helpful person to most of us. my defensive mode will go full throttle.

Regarding my "nearly leaving the forum", that's 'water under the bridge' for me now, but to set the records straight- it ended like this "the person who took that (nasty) turn seems to have run away" -I never took a nasty turn, I never run away, never, not in my vocabulary. I take responsibility in the things I do, and I am man enough to apologize if I made mistakes. I was trying to avoid further damage that time to the friendly mood of the forum. I wanted to avoid more debates (though I can defend my position till the end of time) because the thread is going nowhere and people and some egos are getting hurt, and no body is stopping it. Some guy in this forum is the real nasty one...and that is not you Mitch, no need to apologize.

Let's just Hope that Will change his mind. He is playing part of this new change in bonsai that is taking place, and it will be a total waste if he didn't comes back.( I am trying to relate this post to Tony's Thread and you can disagree with me Will)

your friend,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Jun
Point made and taken to heart, My Friend
Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3