Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Workshop

+6
Mike Jones
Todd Ellis
ramonan16
Ian Young
Gideon
jolz
10 posters

Go down

My Workshop Empty My Workshop

Post  jolz Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:11 am

Hello again fellow members,
I want to share to everyone my Bonsai working area. This workshop was designed by me and built with the help of my friends almost two years ago. I was forced to built this one as my wife always nagged me about the tools and wires scattering anywhere. My wife is right, everything related to Bonsais are now in order. In addition, this small space also served as my visitors receiving area and also for happy hours after sunset.
Regards,
Jolz
My Workshop Dscn1710

My Workshop Dscn1711

My Workshop Dscn1712

My Workshop Dscn1713

My Workshop Dscn1714

My Workshop Dscn1715

My Workshop Dscn1716

My Workshop Dscn1717
jolz
jolz

Back to top Go down

My Workshop Empty Re: My Workshop

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:27 am

Very nice place you got there Jolz.
We got similar story with our wives...good for you though, your workshop is still in your yard (for now hehehe). in my case I was kicked out of my our yard, when my trees got bigger.
Laughing

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:06 am

Yes awesome place indeed. Your not worried about people stealing your trees displaying them from the front yard like that?
Gideon
Gideon

Back to top Go down

Post  jolz Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:41 am

Gideon wrote:Yes awesome place indeed. Your not worried about people stealing your trees displaying them from the front yard like that?

Gideon,
I trust all the people around our neighborhood. I've been good (really?) to everyone, the reason that not even a single tree was stolen from my garden.
Regards,
Jolz
jolz
jolz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:39 am

Gideon wrote:Yes awesome place indeed. Your not worried about people stealing your trees displaying them from the front yard like that?

I was thinking the same thing. If I did that, sooner or later trees would disappear and I live in a quiet spot. I trust my neighbours too, just not sure about passers-by!!

Your set up is beautiful, that looks like a great spot to work on trees and survey the rest of the garden. That's one mad looking root over rock you have there in the 3rd photo!!
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  ramonan16 Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:21 am

Very nice working area you have there,my collection hasnt grown to the size that my wife would boot me out yet... but its getting there and when she does i have a nice little spot at the bottom of the garden that is crying out to be used as a workshop area (cant wait Very Happy ).Its good that you are able to keep your tree's so close to the gates/road so others can get to see them,as for me,mine have to be kept behind a locked gate and high fence even though i live in a nice area as there are untrustworthy people out there who would have no problem stealing from others like us.This year alone i have had 2 plants stole from my front garden during the day time,both where in nice pots and disapeared within a few hours of me checking on them.Here's hoping you the best of luck cheers Mike.
ramonan16
ramonan16

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:22 pm

You have a beautiful place Jolz! I love your twisted ficus; it will look really nice when the roots catch up to the trunk!
Best,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  jolz Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Gents,
I'm quite so lucky that I've never lost a single tree to burglars, although I sometimes think that one of these days; it might happen, but knock on wood and hopefully not. That ficus in the third pic was just the upper part of the tree that has been trained for almost 5 years. I cut it drastically and set it in that rock, now for almost 6 months. The clasping is still developing, I just don't like the original rock where it sits before. By the way, I just imitated the design on the Chinese characters which means "Long Life", But who knows since I'm not a Chinese I'm still confused if that is really what it is meant. Anyway there's nothing more I can do as untangling the trunk is not possible anymore.

Regards and thanks for the comments,
Jolz
jolz
jolz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Love it. All it needs is a TV, comfy chair, refrigerator for beer, some pals and a huge great big door with a lock to keep the wife out Very Happy
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Mike Jones wrote:Love it. All it needs is a TV, comfy chair, refrigerator for beer, some pals and a huge great big door with a lock to keep the wife out Very Happy

lol! lol! lol!
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  ogi uyehara Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:01 am

nice place to work on your bonsai I love you
ogi uyehara
ogi uyehara

Back to top Go down

Post  gshowman2002 Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:07 am

what a cosy corner you've Sad

gshowman2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sergey Surovtsev Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:57 pm

A wonderful place. And for rest and work. Very beautiful and unusual trees.

Sergey Surovtsev

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Your wife did you a big favor. Your work area and garden look great. Often most people's bonsai collection looks like a mess as they have trees everywhere, crammed on top of each other and poorly displayed. Figuring out a nice way to display them in your yard will add signifincatly to the enjoyment of the art. Congratulations on a beautiful set up to enjoy your trees and work.

Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down