Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition

Go down

Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition Empty Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition

Post  roykoibon Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 am

Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition Bonsai21
Grand Champion Adenium
Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition Bonsai22
Large 2nd Placing
Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition Bonsai23
RCN Bonsai Adenium Champion
Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition Bonsai24
Medium Champion
Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition Bonsai25
Medium RCN adenium bonsai 2nd Placing
Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition Bonsai26
Odd/Unique adenium Champion
roykoibon
roykoibon

Back to top Go down

Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition Empty Re: Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition

Post  Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Nice flowers.

but...please forgive me for my ignorance, Are these trees classified as bonsai? Will they be competing separately from "regular" bonsai trees? scratch
..or ornamental flowers?

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition Empty Re: Penang (Malaysia)Adenium May 2011 Competition

Post  roykoibon Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:55 am

Hi Jun,
Of course not....just that there is a category in the adenium competition which caters for bonsai form whereby the adenium plant concerned assumes bonsai features like smooth tapering from trunk to branches and the tips or twigs; planted in shallow pots.The typical adenium plants usually possess strong hugh stumps and multiple trunks with many blooming flowers.

Regards...
roykoibon
roykoibon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:46 am

roykoibon wrote:Hi Jun,
Of course not....just that there is a category in the adenium competition which caters for bonsai form whereby the adenium plant concerned assumes bonsai features like smooth tapering from trunk to branches and the tips or twigs; planted in shallow pots.The typical adenium plants usually possess strong hugh stumps and multiple trunks with many blooming flowers.

Regards...

many thanks for the explanation!

I got several adenium as ornamental flowers, but never thought of imitating a bonsai form for them, with characters such as tapering trunk and branches. that is quite difficult to achieve, I guess. Bali got wonderful collection of adenium "bonsai", some are even carved as animal form and I appreciate them as "cousins" of bonsai when I saw them, really loved the flowers.
I'll probably try to make one.
again, what a wonderful show you got there!

regards,
jun Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down