Juniper forest Reworked

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Juniper forest Reworked

Post  JimLewis on Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Hey Craig . . . welcome back!

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy_Davis on Mon May 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks again for all the comments.

Mitch - I'm going to stick with that artists parogitive and keep it as is for at least the moment.

David - Thanks for the virtual. I understand your drift and had originally thought of it being more open in the center to see more of the trunk but decided aginst it for some reason. I probably would have done it a bit different than your virtual and made it higher all around with a "v" opening to the left of center to draw the eye inward to the trunks which could still be done but, that's a major change that could take years of contemplation to decide. It's not out of the question though.

Craig - I like your idea too but not sure I could find a 5' x 2.5' x 5" oval container let alone pay for it. An oval container with a modified version of David's virtual might be very nice indeed. It might be fun to put a few more of those in the ground and hope that I live long enough to make it happen.

Jim - I never see a "unicorn" prancing in that forest. I always see a Mewok Inidian encampment with a small fire and smoke wafting up into the canopy. Funny how everyone sees something different but that's the joy of what we do.

On a side note for David - here's one that came out of the same group of trees that is still in work and no where near completion. It's one of those artsy-fartsy kind of compositions that Im not even sure you could call bonsai other than calling it a grove. More contemporary, but needs lot's of work to make it look right (what ever that is). Comments and suggestions on design changes is definately welcome on this one and I may just do the best of what I hear and show you the results. Thank goodness for something that keeps my mind occupied in my retirement.

"in-the-round"

Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Cowing on Mon May 09, 2011 4:39 pm

JimLewis wrote:Hey Craig . . . welcome back!

Thanks Jim. We're in the groove again.

Craig

Craig Cowing

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Cowing on Mon May 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Randy_Davis wrote:Thanks again for all the comments.
<>

Craig - I like your idea too but not sure I could find a 5' x 2.5' x 5" oval container let alone pay for it. An oval container with a modified version of David's virtual might be very nice indeed. It might be fun to put a few more of those in the ground and hope that I live long enough to make it happen.

<>

Randy:
That would definitely be a large pot. How about a homemade slab?

Craig

"in-the-round"

Craig Cowing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum