Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniper forest Reworked

+13
Pavel Slovák
stavros
JimLewis
MrFancyPlants
Rob Kempinski
moyogijohn
JR
Ravi Kiran
Oliver Muscio
rickyricardo
Todd Ellis
fiona
Randy_Davis
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Juniper forest Reworked - Page 2 Empty Re: Juniper forest Reworked

Post  JimLewis Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Hey Craig . . . welcome back!
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy_Davis Mon May 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks again for all the comments.

Mitch - I'm going to stick with that artists parogitive and keep it as is for at least the moment.

David - Thanks for the virtual. I understand your drift and had originally thought of it being more open in the center to see more of the trunk but decided aginst it for some reason. I probably would have done it a bit different than your virtual and made it higher all around with a "v" opening to the left of center to draw the eye inward to the trunks which could still be done but, that's a major change that could take years of contemplation to decide. It's not out of the question though.

Craig - I like your idea too but not sure I could find a 5' x 2.5' x 5" oval container let alone pay for it. An oval container with a modified version of David's virtual might be very nice indeed. It might be fun to put a few more of those in the ground and hope that I live long enough to make it happen.

Jim - I never see a "unicorn" prancing in that forest. I always see a Mewok Inidian encampment with a small fire and smoke wafting up into the canopy. Funny how everyone sees something different but that's the joy of what we do.

On a side note for David - here's one that came out of the same group of trees that is still in work and no where near completion. It's one of those artsy-fartsy kind of compositions that Im not even sure you could call bonsai other than calling it a grove. More contemporary, but needs lot's of work to make it look right (what ever that is). Comments and suggestions on design changes is definately welcome on this one and I may just do the best of what I hear and show you the results. Thank goodness for something that keeps my mind occupied in my retirement.

"in-the-round"
Juniper forest Reworked - Page 2 J_c_he10

Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Cowing Mon May 09, 2011 4:39 pm

JimLewis wrote:Hey Craig . . . welcome back!

Thanks Jim. We're in the groove again.

Craig
Craig Cowing
Craig Cowing

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Cowing Mon May 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Randy_Davis wrote:Thanks again for all the comments.
<>

Craig - I like your idea too but not sure I could find a 5' x 2.5' x 5" oval container let alone pay for it. An oval container with a modified version of David's virtual might be very nice indeed. It might be fun to put a few more of those in the ground and hope that I live long enough to make it happen.

<>

Randy:
That would definitely be a large pot. How about a homemade slab?

Craig

"in-the-round"
Juniper forest Reworked - Page 2 J_c_he10

Craig Cowing
Craig Cowing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2