Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My desmodium bonsai

3 posters

Go down

My desmodium bonsai Empty My desmodium bonsai

Post  bd47je Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 pm

This tree is about 65cm tall. I got it from an old friend of mine a year ago and decided to make some changes . This is the latest picture I took 3 days ago ( very sorry that I don't have the old pics - why ? I couldn't afford to get a good camera until last November! ). Enjoy yourselves and please give me some suggestion on how to make it a better one. Many thanks !!!!

My desmodium bonsai SieuthiNHANH201101232203zgizymu4yw4312625

bd47je

Back to top Go down

My desmodium bonsai Empty my desmodium bonsai

Post  moyogijohn Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 am

Bd47je,,that is a very nice tree!! what is the common name over here?? what did you do polish the bark it looks so shiney?? ican,t say what to do to make it better because it looks great the way it is...good work take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

My desmodium bonsai Empty RE: My desmodium bonsai

Post  bd47je Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:30 am

To John:I'm glad you like it! About your question- to tell the truth- I did nothing with the bark! In fact, it looks so shiny just because I did water it a few mins before the pic was taken and it may have been the flash effect that caused the bark to look like that.

bd47je

Back to top Go down

Post  tuyhoabob Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:40 am

This is probably the second most popular species here, right after ficus. His friend did what they also do to most of them, ain't no bark on most of the tree, it's mostly driftwood. I've seen some nice dramitic examples of this.
Your tree has a lot of potential bd, I'd continue pinching to improve ramification but even more important; you have a great beginning on some dramatic driftwood. I would grind some of those areas even deeper to create a greater look of age in the tree. While doing this you can also accent the nebari to a great advantage.

Where do you live here? I have a die grinder (evil grin)

Bob
tuyhoabob
tuyhoabob

Back to top Go down

Post  bd47je Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:27 pm

To Tuyhoa Bob: Thanks for your suggestions ! This desmodium ,of course, needs more work on it. I hope that , just one year later, it will looks much better than it does now. By the way, I live in Bienhoa , a city next to Saigon.

bd47je

Back to top Go down

My desmodium bonsai Empty Re: My desmodium bonsai

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down