Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ixora bonsai with pink flower

4 posters

Go down

ixora bonsai with pink flower Empty ixora bonsai with pink flower

Post  bigbabol Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 am

ixora bonsai with pink flower Dsc04076
ixora bonsai with pink flower Dsc04077
this work is created about 18 months please watch and give some suggestions Very Happy
best regards!
bigbabol
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

ixora bonsai with pink flower Empty Re: ixora bonsai with pink flower

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:14 am

Hi bigbabol.

If this were my tree I would reduce the height to aprx two thirds of its current height. and make a rounder apex to avoid the pine tree looks and enhance the thickness of the trunk. if the design would continue with the current form and flowers appears all over the tree, the tree would look like a Christmas tree with pink decorations.- IMHO. but then again its your tree and it will bloom nicely.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:28 am

Hi again bigbabol.

this is not about the exora... may I ask about the bonsai in the backdraft of the first photo, the one on top the motorcycle seat. well, I'm just curious it seems to be a very nice bonsai. do you have a larger picture of it? just asking if you won't mind of course.

regards,
jun Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 am

Hi Bigbabol,

A very nice tree trained in a classical style. The design looks credible and good. What Jun has suggested is another way of making the tree look good. Your tree so do take a call. What I also like about the tree is that like a good bonsaist you have styled it while it is still in a growth pot and waiting for the branches to ramify before shifting it to a bonsai pot as quiet a few people do. I am sure it is worth the wait.

A question to you and to anyone else who can answer. Once Ixora flowers and the flowers fall off, do you have to prune the flower base or do you leave it as it is. I am growing two tiny ixoras to be styled as Shohin/Mame which I have shifted last weekend into growth pots. Both the little ones have taken well to the new pots even though I was taking a little risk repotting them in Dec. They are also flowering here and there and hence this question.

When do you plan to shift this tree into a bonsai pot??

Regards
Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:03 pm

jun wrote:Hi bigbabol.

If this were my tree I would reduce the height to aprx two thirds of its current height. and make a rounder apex to avoid the pine tree looks and enhance the thickness of the trunk. if the design would continue with the current form and flowers appears all over the tree, the tree would look like a Christmas tree with pink decorations.- IMHO. but then again its your tree and it will bloom nicely.

regards,
jun
thank you, but this species has long calyx so this design flower will bloom over the tree
regards
bigbabol Very Happy
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:10 pm

jun wrote:Hi again bigbabol.

this is not about the exora... may I ask about the bonsai in the backdraft of the first photo, the one on top the motorcycle seat. well, I'm just curious it seems to be a very nice bonsai. do you have a larger picture of it? just asking if you won't mind of course.

regards,
jun Shocked
and the tree which you want to see in the backraft to be another ixora, that is a ixora with yellow flower
now let see and give me some suggestions
Very Happy
ixora bonsai with pink flower SieuthiNHANH2010121134449zde0yzewod179140
ixora bonsai with pink flower SieuthiNHANH2010121134449ndkzzmvjzd192234
ixora bonsai with pink flower SieuthiNHANH2010121134449yzrhzgm3ow208842
regards
a friend- bigbabol Very Happy
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Ravi Kiran wrote:Hi Bigbabol,

A very nice tree trained in a classical style. The design looks credible and good. What Jun has suggested is another way of making the tree look good. Your tree so do take a call. What I also like about the tree is that like a good bonsaist you have styled it while it is still in a growth pot and waiting for the branches to ramify before shifting it to a bonsai pot as quiet a few people do. I am sure it is worth the wait.

A question to you and to anyone else who can answer. Once Ixora flowers and the flowers fall off, do you have to prune the flower base or do you leave it as it is. I am growing two tiny ixoras to be styled as Shohin/Mame which I have shifted last weekend into growth pots. Both the little ones have taken well to the new pots even though I was taking a little risk repotting them in Dec. They are also flowering here and there and hence this question.

Regards
Ravi
thank for your kind ideas, the ixora is tropical plant, in tropical countries on december it is not cold so it is not risk for shifting Very Happy
I am going to shift it into a bonsai pot when it is fully done, maybe 1 year later
regards
bigbabol
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Ravi,

isn't this an interesting ixora.
---------------------------

With regards to the spent base of the flowers on the ixora, I cut it off, often taking away the first pair of leaves as well.

I noticed on my side with the rain, ixoras prefer unusually small quantities of soil. I found a dying ixora, one of the types that shift colour to yellowish orange as the flower ages, and it prefers to live in less than 1.5 inches of soil [ 4 cm ], it flowers well, and repeatedly. For this one I will next year make a special bonsai pot.

I also found another dying ixora in a bag of mud only 10 cm tall, but bushy. New soil and small plastic pot, it surprised me with white flowers - so cool!

They may never make exceptional Bonsai, but I love ixoras as much as I love azaleas [ and the coarser varieties grow well down here.] Probably because when I was growing up, the yard had the older oblong leaf types in flesh, yellow and red as well as the taller red type.
Ixoras rah rah rah.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Bigbabol,

just what I thought. very nice tree. specially with the last picture. How long is that tree in training?
thanks for posting it.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Hello Bigbabol,
Nice to see you posting again and nice trees,thanks for sharing.keep them coming Smile when i go there next year,maybe show me these species,i might get some?
Regards.
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 am

Hi Bigbabol,

As I have said before I have just put the little Ixoras in growth pots. I guess I will leave them for atleast about 2 years for them to be thick enough to make decent Shohin. Keeping fingers crossed for now. Do share pics of your tree once you have shifted the same into a Bonsai pot. Shall look forward to that.

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:14 pm

jun wrote:Bigbabol,

just what I thought. very nice tree. specially with the last picture. How long is that tree in training?
thanks for posting it.

regards,
jun Smile

not at all, hey Very Happy , this tree has created for 42 months

by Ravi Kiran on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 am
Hi Bigbabol,

As I have said before I have just put the little Ixoras in growth pots. I guess I will leave them for atleast about 2 years for them to be thick enough to make decent Shohin. Keeping fingers crossed for now. Do share pics of your tree once you have shifted the same into a Bonsai pot. Shall look forward to that.

Ravi

yes, i hope so, thanks for all Very Happy

by ogie on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:04 pm
Hello Bigbabol,
Nice to see you posting again and nice trees,thanks for sharing.keep them coming Smile when i go there next year,maybe show me these species,i might get some?
Regards.
Alex
nice to see you too
Very Happy Very Happy
welcome you in next year at my garden in Vietnam

by Khaimraj Seepersad on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 pm
Ravi,

isn't this an interesting ixora.
---------------------------

With regards to the spent base of the flowers on the ixora, I cut it off, often taking away the first pair of leaves as well.

I noticed on my side with the rain, ixoras prefer unusually small quantities of soil. I found a dying ixora, one of the types that shift colour to yellowish orange as the flower ages, and it prefers to live in less than 1.5 inches of soil [ 4 cm ], it flowers well, and repeatedly. For this one I will next year make a special bonsai pot.

I also found another dying ixora in a bag of mud only 10 cm tall, but bushy. New soil and small plastic pot, it surprised me with white flowers - so cool!

They may never make exceptional Bonsai, but I love ixoras as much as I love azaleas [ and the coarser varieties grow well down here.] Probably because when I was growing up, the yard had the older oblong leaf types in flesh, yellow and red as well as the taller red type.
Ixoras rah rah rah.
Khaimraj
thanks for your share, according to me, ixoras grow well in clear soil, heavy soil likes clay should not use

best regards to all
your friend
bigbabol
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down