Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Administrivia

3 posters

Go down

Administrivia Empty Administrivia

Post  JimLewis Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:46 pm

I spent a few minutes deleting 20-30 obsolete meeting and show and other announcements from the Announcements forum this morning. It didn't seem to shorten the list of messages much.

It appears that many folks have posted an announcement, then forgotten it.

It would make scanning the list of announcements much more useful if you would delete your threads after the important date has passed.

I think you can do that simply by clicking on the little "x" at upper right. If people have responded to your message, you will have to ask one of us mods to do it for you. I dunno. But it's easier for us -- and better for users -- if we zap them when their time has passed than if we wait and do many at once since we have to read most of them to see if they're still current or not because dates were not included in the subject title line.

Many TNX
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Administrivia Empty Re: Administrivia

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:15 am

Hi Jim,
I looked for the "little x" but didn't see it on my screen. I updated the announcement instead.
Best, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Hmmm. I guess I'd have to re-register as a "member" to see if my screen is THAT different from yours, but here's what I see, and I thought that x was available for everyone on their own messages.

Administrivia Screen11
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Jim

The X is only on the last post on the list. If I post I get an X, but then if you reply, you get the X and mine goes away. If you remove your reply post, then I get the X back. It other words the X only appears on the last post on a thread.

Billy
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:33 pm

I see...literally! Thanks! Very Happy
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:00 pm

In that (crazy) case, a PM to me will do it.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum