Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of "STONE" to collect???

3 posters

Go down

What kind of "STONE" to collect??? Empty What kind of "STONE" to collect???

Post  ogie Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:07 am

Hello felloow members,
Stones are fantastic to own and collect.Will there be a certain criteria or limit to what to collect or "DONT"?The saying is BEAUTY LIES IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.But do we love suiseki because we treasure it as a passion of art of nature?Perfecting the closeness of creation right under our own privacy and brings out our true imagination what our individual minds bring.Each location has its own character,texture,color,raw stage,density....Which do we put as worthy to collect?Or do we just let the STONE speak for itself...
Im relative new to this hobby...for proper dispositon,i just want to be on the right track..
thank you everyone for taking time out to read,your opinion & guidance will always be a learning stage for me,please post any picture and reference for us to continue our education.
regards,
Ogie/alex Smile Smile

Last edited by ogie on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

What kind of "STONE" to collect??? Empty Re: What kind of "STONE" to collect???

Post  irene_b Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:52 pm

LOL That is like a keg of worms!! lol!
I collect what interest me...It can be the color or the shape or what I see in it...

irene_b

Back to top Go down

What kind of "STONE" to collect??? Empty hello irene

Post  ogie Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:27 pm

irene_b wrote:LOL That is like a keg of worms!! lol!
I collect what interest me...It can be the color or the shape or what I see in it...
thank you irene for sharing...best regards Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

What kind of "STONE" to collect??? Empty What kind of "STONE" to collect???

Post  ngoquangvu06 Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi ogie , friends ,
In Vietnam . I collected stones with classic standards as :
1/ Shape : if a stone no shape , a stone is a stone but with shape , it is suiseki or viewing stone.
2/ Material : include hardnees of stone ( > 4 ) , kind of stone as lava , sedimend , metamorphic , jade...High hardnees is high lustrous .
3/ Color : depend on culture or viewing stone or suiseki standards.
4/ spirit of stone or soule of stone : use stone'name as a theme . when good theme , spirit of stone or soule of stone is good.

ngoquangvu06

Back to top Go down

What kind of "STONE" to collect??? Empty hello ngoquang

Post  ogie Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 pm

ngoquangvu06 wrote:Hi ogie , friends ,
In Vietnam . I collected stones with classic standards as :
1/ Shape : if a stone no shape , a stone is a stone but with shape , it is suiseki or viewing stone.
2/ Material : include hardnees of stone ( > 4 ) , kind of stone as lava , sedimend , metamorphic , jade...High hardnees is high lustrous .
3/ Color : depend on culture or viewing stone or suiseki standards.
4/ spirit of stone or soule of stone : use stone'name as a theme . when good theme , spirit of stone or soule of stone is good.
thank you friend for sharing your thought,when i visit vietnam,i try look you up Smile Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

What kind of "STONE" to collect??? Empty Re: What kind of "STONE" to collect???

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down