Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red spots on Ficus Nerifolia

2 posters

Go down

Red spots on Ficus Nerifolia Empty Red spots on Ficus Nerifolia

Post  reseele Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:51 am

I have several ficus bonsai, including three Ficus Nerifolia.
About ten months ago I noticed red spots on one Ficus Nerifolia.
The spots show on both sides of the leaves.
They do not seam to do any short term damage.
At first there were spots on only a few leaves.
This summer they are on more leaves as time goes by.
Now there are on a second Ficus Nerifolia.
There are no red spots on any other ficus trees.
Does anyone have any idea of how to get rid of them ?

Bob Seele

Red spots on Ficus Nerifolia Ficus_12

reseele

Back to top Go down

Red spots on Ficus Nerifolia Empty Re: Red spots on Ficus Nerifolia

Post  Orion Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Looks like a fungus. Have you used any fungucide? You're going to want to treat these sort of things throughout the year; the spores have to be controlled or you'll have the same issue next spring.
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down

Post  reseele Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Orion wrote:Looks like a fungus. Have you used any fungucide? You're going to want to treat these sort of things throughout the year; the spores have to be controlled or you'll have the same issue next spring.

At first I was told it might be a reaction from a cmemical I might have used during the summer last year. I have sprayed using "ferti-lomeTriple Action Plus", an Insecticide, Miticide, Fungicide. Once last fall, once during the winter, and once this spring.Is there anyt hing better to use ? How often should I spray ?

Thanks
Bob Seele

reseele

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:56 pm

You have to be a little more aggressive with it. You see, spores overwinter usually in the bark. I use neem oil spray fairly regularly (every two weeks or so spring through autumn). This stuff acts against fungus and insects. Now, I don't know how well this is practical where you live, but degree in which the foliage is damp is going to determine how quickly the fungal and mold spores spread. What I do is first very rarely mist the foliage, second keep enough space between them to avoid the spores from spreading from tree to tree, third I keep them where a the air can circulate well through the foliage. As for the product you are using, I'm not familiar with, so you'd have to stick with the directions on application. The bottom line, keep a year-round program and this will help you out a lot come next spring.
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down