Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bucida spinosa- leaves turning yellow

3 posters

Go down

Bucida spinosa- leaves turning yellow Empty Bucida spinosa- leaves turning yellow

Post  RC Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:52 am

I purchased a Bucida spinosa- Spiny Black Olive a couple of weeks ago. I am only watering it twice a week as was told- but this past week some of the leaves were turning yellow then falling off.....what is going on?

RC

Back to top Go down

Bucida spinosa- leaves turning yellow Empty Re: Bucida spinosa- leaves turning yellow

Post  JimLewis Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:08 pm

How many are "some?" All leaves die eventually.
Is its new environment considerably different from its old one? Inside vs. outside; sun vs. shade; etc.
Have you done anything else to it? Repot? prune? wire?

Also, NEVER, EVER water on a schedule. Water because the trees need it, and that's when the soil feels dry.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Bucida spinosa- leaves turning yellow Empty i also ..

Post  Joe Hatfield Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:03 am

I just purchased one as well. It was in a very humid, very warm green house. Bringing it into my home at this time of year was a small shock to it. Resulting in several.. 1% of its leaves to fall off. Where are you keeping it is very important, indoor or out, and weather it is close to the environment that it came from are the main issues. My house is an average 25 degrees colder and alot let humid. So I keep them in direct morning sunlight and mist the leaves at some point during the day. It seems to be working.

_regards

Joe
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Bucida spinosa- leaves turning yellow Empty Re: Bucida spinosa- leaves turning yellow

Post  RC Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:41 am

Joe,
Mine also came from a humid greenhouse near Memphis, TN. I live 60 miles from there. I have been misting the leaves as well as having the pot sitting on a bed of wet gravel to help increase the humidity. My Surinam Cherry which take more watering and grafted ficus (less water) are thriving which gave me the incentive to try the Black Olive.

RC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down