Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Elm Pictures

4 posters

Go down

Chinese Elm Pictures Empty Chinese Elm Pictures

Post  Dan32673 Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Hello everyone,was outside watering and decided to take some pictures of this elm out of my collection,enjoy.[img]Chinese Elm Pictures 05310[/img][img]

Dan32673

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm Pictures Empty Re: Chinese Elm Pictures

Post  JimLewis Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:51 pm

That's a better-than-normal S-curve elm.

I think I'd like to see the tree tilted a bit to the right, so the apex is more over the pot; then a thicker canopy wouldn't hurt, either. Elms in nature seldom have such wide-spread branches and discrete patches of leaves. I can't see the base too clearly, but perhaps -- just perhaps -- it might be planted a tad deeper next time?

Keep at it.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm Pictures Empty Chinese Elm Pictures

Post  bonsaisr Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:25 pm

My suggestions:
Thin & trim the apex to force more growth in the lower branches. Shorten the branches on the left to match the branches on the right.
Google on a few pictures of full size Chinese elm. The canopy is as round as a lollipop. Since bonsai is an art form, you don't necessarily have to follow the tree's natural style, but it helps to keep it in mind.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm Pictures Empty chinese elm pictures

Post  moyogijohn Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:45 am

NICE Tree,I like it really well..like jim said ,i would strighten it up some.. iris saidtrim the branches that good also.. maybe you could wire the apex branches down a little let it fill out ..good job john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm Pictures Empty Re: Chinese Elm Pictures

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down