Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

beginners question juniperus procumbens nana

2 posters

Go down

beginners question juniperus procumbens nana Empty beginners question juniperus procumbens nana

Post  Jonas Freeman Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Hello,

New to bonsai I am trying to learn as much from books and the internet and I visit often diverse formus. Now I did get some really good advise on this juniperus procumbens nana I am busy with. Still I am in doubt about a suggestion and I would like to have an second opinion. The tree look like this on this moment. Not the best picture I'm afraid.

beginners question juniperus procumbens nana New_fr10

A suggestion to improve the tree was to remove the top branch to get a better flow. However removing it would make it look like this

beginners question juniperus procumbens nana Front210

That is something I feel rather doubtfull about if it would improve the tree overall.

Does anyone have a suggestion about the flow and style for this little tree?

Jonas.
Jonas Freeman
Jonas Freeman

Back to top Go down

beginners question juniperus procumbens nana Empty Re: beginners question juniperus procumbens nana

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:07 am

Have you thought about a cascade, full or semi. This species really wants to be a cascade.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

beginners question juniperus procumbens nana Empty Re: beginners question juniperus procumbens nana

Post  Jonas Freeman Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:01 am

To be honest I didn't think about a cascade. Of course it is an option I will think about. I saw on the forum a cascade wich I liked, of course the tree was much older and better developed but I have time.

Thanks for the idea. Smile
Jonas Freeman
Jonas Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down