Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

horrid gubbo

3 posters

Go down

horrid gubbo Empty horrid gubbo

Post  bobby little Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:36 pm

on my cork bark elm. have brushed it off previously but as suspected it came back. can't see it in my small library of books. sorry for the blurry nature of the second picture:

horrid gubbo P1010014

horrid gubbo P1010015
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

horrid gubbo Empty horrid gubbo

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Scale insect my friend. I have discovered plenty on my trees this year. Squish the beggars and look out for smaller ones as well.

Back to top Go down

horrid gubbo Empty Re: horrid gubbo

Post  bobby little Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:03 pm

will baddeley wrote:Scale insect my friend. I have discovered plenty on my trees this year. Squish the beggars and look out for smaller ones as well.

is that the only tactic? I can't see the bleeders. Is there any scale insect napalm I can frag them with?
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Lime Sulphur at 7 to 10-1 on a cotton bud works well as does meths. I squish it with my fingers and remove as much as possible then use LS as above.

My Siberian Elm gets it every year and with either of the above I have never had a problem.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

horrid gubbo Empty Horrid Gubbo

Post  bonsaisr Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:47 am

Look for a systemic insecticide with the active ingredient Imidacloprid. It is listed for scale.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:36 am

Elms can play up when systemics are used - and is not recommended by many experts. Your tree though.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum