Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sorry will

3 posters

Go down

sorry will Empty sorry will

Post  bobby little Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:36 pm

I know, but the wife insisted I get something for our tenth anniversary, and I've never had a pine before and it looked at me so nicely, and I got Corin Tomlinson to check it out for me. The photo doesn't do it justice mind:

sorry will 00411
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:00 pm

No need to apologise Bobby. sorry will Icon_cool sorry will 00411110

Back to top Go down

sorry will Empty Re: sorry will

Post  bobby little Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:05 pm

ooh ya ****er. Never crossed my mind that. Now I'm thrown into confusion. Buddha says choice is a trap. Now I'm discombobulated.
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:13 pm

What is....disconbobbyulated?

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:30 pm

treed off
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 pm

why treed off Bob? In time you might decide to reduce this Pine. I am offering advice, not an order. sorry will Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 am

In a Terry Tibbs kind of way...Talk to me!

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:15 pm

I was only engaging in humorous punnage and badinage. I think you're idea was groovy, but if there's one thing I've learned from asking stupid questions on this board is to stand back and look for a while. I want to get to know the tree before I act. Plus I've never had one before so I want to get to grips with the horticulture. The needles are a bit untidy and long and I need to learn about all that business first, like reducing the length and keeping it neat once I have. I was talking to a colleague at graft today about this and I realised that why I like the practice is because it's the opposite from the rest of my activities which are fast noisy and frantic, whereas this is slow and quiet. Starting to get some action on the maple now too ( I don't know what the official term a padowan calls his jedi teacher or I'd use it, so I'll just go with:) sifu Cool
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  harry dovey Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm

the legend of facejacker.
harry dovey
harry dovey

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Bob

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask mate Wink

All the best

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:21 pm

You mention scruffy looking, overly long needles. White pines vary quite a lot and some have a slight curve or twist in the needle. The length of needles can be contolled with watering but this is a bit more advanced. As you gain experience, and a knowledge of this tree, you will understand how little water you can get away with. Whats the graft like?

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:15 am

the watering thing is interesting. also curious about feeding too. Looking forward to getting to know this tree. The graft seems a bit abrupt, but then I don't have much to compare it to. In the grand scheme of things, £130 isbn't a huge amount of money but was enjough to make sure I wasn't getting a total ringer. I an learn as I go with this one, and hopefully not be polishing a turd.
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:27 am

White Pines need feeding well. They are not as good as other Pines, for back budding. I have found that a poorly fed WP will only have one bud at the terminals. A well fed one will have three, one large bud and two either side. This strength in the tree will promote back budding after pruning.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum