Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

european larch

3 posters

Go down

european larch Empty european larch

Post  moyogijohn Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:17 pm

I found a larch at a local nursery.the tree is about 4 ft tall but only the first foot and a half would be kept..how sensitive are they and would the tufes make branches this year??? tree ball burlaped .i am zone 6 w. va. thanks for your reply also how much would you pay for it??thank you john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

european larch Empty larch

Post  moyogijohn Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:26 pm

need some help,,Jim give me a reply please....john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

european larch Empty Re: european larch

Post  Seth Ellwood Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:52 am

I would say it should make branches .I had one I performed a large trunk chop on and it back budded a few branches but not many .If you do get it chop it back incrementaly to try to promote further back budding down low over the course of a few years. If there are no lower branches.As far as payment without seeing the tree it is only worth what you are willing to pay for it

Seth Ellwood

Back to top Go down

european larch Empty larch

Post  moyogijohn Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Thank you,Seth for your reply, i would like to try this tree but i live on disable vet pay so not sure about it. your myrtle looks really good the way you chopped it. will make a nice tree for you i am sure.good luck with it..john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

european larch Empty European Larch

Post  bonsaisr Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:40 am

A larch from the nursery may not be very good bonsai material. Are you anywhere near Preston County? American larch grows there. If you or someone you know can get a collected larch, they are prized as the finest bonsai material in the Northeast.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

european larch Empty Re: european larch

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down