Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamarack Larch

2 posters

Go down

Tamarack Larch Empty Tamarack Larch

Post  Tom McCue Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:02 pm

2 years ago I puchased the Tamarack Larch at our club auction for $1.00, I was in a collander. I stuck it in good soil in the big pot. fetilized and left it alone. It is now beginning to bud. Could some of you experienced bonsai artists give me a vitual (with cut lines) as I am inexperienced and unsure of where to go with design. The nebari looks pretty good, tree is about 20" inches tall, trunk maybe 2"inches. Or am I seeing something not there ans the tree should be tossed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Pic #1
Tamarack Larch Hpim0316
Pic #2
Tamarack Larch Hpim0319

Tamarack Larch Hpim0320
Thanks Tom
Tom McCue
Tom McCue

Back to top Go down

Tamarack Larch Empty Re: Tamarack Larch

Post  RKatzin Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi Tom, First off, never, ever, ever, never, toss a live tree. There's always something that can be done with it. Smile I'm far from expert, but if it were mine I'm do one of two things. Chop it off at about 1/3 its height, just above the second branch on the right side, or bury the whole tree raft style and then positon the pieces after it roots into a forest of smaller trees. I like multiple tree plantings so I'm always seeing things that way.
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom McCue Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:49 pm

RKatzin wrote:Hi Tom, First off, never, ever, ever, never, toss a live tree. There's always something that can be done with it. Smile I'm far from expert, but if it were mine I'm do one of two things. Chop it off at about 1/3 its height, just above the second branch on the right side, or bury the whole tree raft style and then positon the pieces after it roots into a forest of smaller trees. I like multiple tree plantings so I'm always seeing things that way.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions...
Tom McCue
Tom McCue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down