Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana - Cascade - Update

+17
b)○ns⌂i
Andrew Legg
ODS
yamasuri
Ravi Kiran
Pavel Slovák
EdMerc
my nellie
shannon
gregb
Ume
Hombre
Rob Addonizio
Hawaiian77
Smithy
Dave Martin
rolandp
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update Empty Juniperus Prokumbens Nana - Cascade - Update

Post  rolandp Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi all.

I like to show you the progress series of my Juniperus.
In 2009 the first design steps were made and today I worked whit help of Tomaz Kovsca on the next step towards the final goal.

2009-06

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update 2009-06-08brin002

2010-03 before styling

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update 2010-31-03brin006

2010-03 after styling

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update 2010-31-03brin008

The goal is to move the end of the lover branch towards the Centrum of the tree and of course repot it in a smaller pot...additional ideas are very welcome.

All comments, ideas, suggestions, critics are very welcome.

Regards,
Roland

Last edited by rolandp on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update Empty Re: Juniperus Prokumbens Nana - Cascade - Update

Post  Dave Martin Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 pm

The tree looks great!
Dave Martin
Dave Martin

Back to top Go down

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update Empty Re: Juniperus Prokumbens Nana - Cascade - Update

Post  rolandp Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks Dave.
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithy Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 pm

i like the foliage .IT looks very natural. NIce tree you have.
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Good job. ThumbsUp I like where your going with it. It'll be a fine tree.

-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:01 am

This is a very interesting progression. Nice material, and I like the direction you are going. If it were mine I might want to tighten up the pads that you have on the lower half, just a bit. I would probably also look into getting a taller pot to change the balance. Since the foliage is so long I would use a full cascade pot and give more of a vertical lift to the composition.

Its just my two cents, so take it for what its worth...

Thanks for sharing!

Rob A.
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Thanks for all the replys...Rob i like your ideas so thanks for you 2 cents Smile
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi all bonsai friends.
I like to show you the update of the Juniperus Prokumbens Nana cascade.

09-2010

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update 2010-09-20brin010

In the next steps the tree will be repoted in a taller and narrow pot. I will make the top a bit higher and more dominant, refine the end of the lower branch, add some additional movement to the lower branch and finish the branch somewhere in the centre of the tree or even cross the centre.

Regards, Roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Hombre Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Very nice and most of all healthy tree ThumbsUp
Hombre
Hombre

Back to top Go down

Post  Ume Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Totally stunning! I have a "Nana" see my profile pic. I am hoping one day I can get mine to look as lovely as yours! Very Happy
Ume
Ume

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:38 am

Hombre and Ume thanks for your kind replays.

Here is one more picture where the progress can be seen nicer (click for larger picture).

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update Brinnana09-10

If someone has suggestions for a pot please share your ideas with me.

Regards,
Roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Dear IBC members.

My "Waterfal" Juniperus became new wire and a small makeover. Im still waiting for the new pot, which should arrive this week and than im planing to repot the tree and finish the last third of the lower part of the tree according to the new pot, which will be taller and a litle bit more narow.

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update 2011-04-04brin010a

rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  gregb Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:38 am

Your tree is coming along nicely. I wouldn't put it in a pot any deeper, though Idea

gregb

Back to top Go down

Post  shannon Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 am

Nice work!! The new pot should complete the package.
shannon
shannon

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Very beautiful!
One more brilliant example of the nursery material and their potential.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  EdMerc Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:46 pm

That's a lovely tree and a fine example of what you can do with regular nursery stock.

Keep up the good work.
Ed
EdMerc
EdMerc

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Last week I finally repoted the "Waterfall" in the new pot (the pot is made by Klika) and here is the result.
The definition of the foliage is not done in detail.
After the tree will recover from the repoting I will make a detailed foliage definition and work on making the end of the lower branch more developed and dominant.

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update 2011-04-23brin011a

rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update Empty Re: Juniperus Prokumbens Nana - Cascade

Post  Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Hello Roland. This tree is developing really quickly. Maintenance must be quite hard on this one. The pot suits it very well. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi Roland

Very nice development. ThumbsUp

The tree is amazing.Pot fits perfectly. Congratulations. Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:04 am

Excellent tree Roland... Keep up the great work Smile

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:14 am

Will, thanks for your comment. The tree really develops very quickly and the maintenance has to be done on weekly basis, but it’s pure joy Smile

Pavel, thank you very much for your reply. It means a lot to me. Very Happy

Ravi, thanks for your compliments. I will try as hard as I can. Smile
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Nice combination tree and the pot!
When the development of foliage pads is completed it will definitely be a spectacular exhibit.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 pm

The time has come to exhibit my first tree and today we made a nice workshop with Tomaž Kovšca on the topic »preparation of trees for the exhibition«.

I think the tree is ready for the first exhibition, of course there is still quite a few things that are not yet such as they should be, but given the fact that this year the tree was transplanted to a new pot I preferred to save it a little bit more during the season.

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update 2011-10-10brin012s

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update Dsc4859s

Juniperus Prokumbens Nana  - Cascade - Update Img5661m

lp, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi Roland
Realy nice tree!! ThumbsUp Congratulations.
Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 am

Pavel thanks a lot Smile

It needs some additional development, but for now im very happy with the result.
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next