Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PONDEROSA PINE

Go down

PONDEROSA PINE Empty PONDEROSA PINE

Post  mike page Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Bonsai Society of San Francisco is having an exhibit in May to celebrate the club's 60th anniversary. They have asked members to show bonsai that have a connection to the club and it's history.
In 1987 Dan Robonsaon and I did a "dual demo" at the club's annual show. Dan worked on this Ponderosa that he collected in, I believe, the Rocky Mountains. While Dan worked on the tree, I put together the rock structure using fast set super epoxy cement. The rock was based on a sketch Dan sent me of the tree and how he would like to show it. The tree was raffled after the demo and a member won it. She decided it was too big and heavy for her to manage, so she gave it to me.
Today I wired the branches in prerparation for the May show. The height including pot is 32 inches.
I have somewhere in my files a picture taken about 18 years ago. If I can find it. I'll post it later.
PONDEROSA PINE Bssfpo11

I found the old picture.
PONDEROSA PINE Zz_gum10

Last edited by mike page on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add image)
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down