Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music and Bonsai

+43
Bolero
coh
Rick36
JimLewis
LanceMac10
yamasuri
Precarious
Robert J. Baran
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Bruce Winter
M. Frary
landerloos
john5555leonard
Kalogero
AlainK
Peter E.
Mr Majik
Mike Jones
peewee1974
Paul B (Scotland)
Stone Monkey
Storm
Morea
Paul Landis
bonsai monkey
Joe Hatfield
BonsaiGirl
Myrtle
Jay Wilson
Jay Gaydosh
jjbacoomba
littleart-fx
anttal63
andy mcconnell
bobby little
Kev Bailey
Jeremy
fiona
Harleyrider
chris
John Quinn
chappy56
Bob Brunt
47 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Music and Bonsai - Page 2 Empty Re: Music and Bonsai

Post  fiona Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Jay Gaydosh wrote: However, if I have the the IPOD on, it would most likely be the angelic voices of Celtic Woman.
Music and Bonsai - Page 2 754636
Jay Gaydosh wrote:I have been know to rock out with some jumping bagpipe music, but then I tend to overprune.
Red Hot Chilli Pipers? (who, for the uninitiated, do exist - it's not just a bad pun)
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Their website says Willie Armstrong (one of the founding members) is leaving the band. Crying or Very sad
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Wilson Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:33 pm

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Grateful Dead. The rare times I listen to music while I play with my trees, some of Jerry Garcias acoustics work pretty well. Them and maybe some Almand Bros.
I listen to nature most of the time.
Jay Wilson
Jay Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Myrtle Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:54 am

I'll second the Coltrane and Scofield, and throw in a li'l Miles Davis along with it. Maybe sprinkle some Herbie Hancock and the Headhunters here and there too.

Myrtle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:56 am

Jay Wilson wrote:I'm surprised no one's mentioned Grateful Dead. The rare times I listen to music while I play with my trees, some of Jerry Garcias acoustics work pretty well. Them and maybe some Almand Bros.
I listen to nature most of the time.

With my luck with bonsai, I believe Grateful Dead would be a poor choice in music! Shocked
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Myrtle wrote:I'll second the Coltrane and Scofield, and throw in a li'l Miles Davis along with it. Maybe sprinkle some Herbie Hancock and the Headhunters here and there too.

Yeah! cheers

Weather Report!!! Cool
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Music and Bonsai - Page 2 Empty Music for bonsais

Post  BonsaiGirl Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Does anyone play music *to* their trees? (Maybe I'm the only weirdo that does that...)

BonsaiGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:36 pm

I play music with some of my trees around but, not directly to them. I do however dress them up in the stereotypical opera attire and belt out Pavaratti for all the world to hear.
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:58 pm

will baddeley wrote:Depending on mood, my list of bonsai favorites is....
Floyd, Zep, Hendrix, Doors,Tull, Cat Stevens, Black Sabbath, Radiohead, Queens of the stone age, Beta band, Orbital, Chemical brothers,System of a down, Beastie boys, Public enemy, Bonzo dog doodah band, Pogues......I could go on all night Very Happy

Blimey Will, alot of mine in your list!!!!
I also like some good ole fashion Punk, (Sex Plimsols, Green Day etc) along with some Gaye Bykers on Acid.
The music I listen to really depends on the job in hand, for example serious contemplation of a styling maybe some Joy Division but a batch of re-potting could be some thrash metal!!!

Horses for courses I suppose,
Okk, Okk,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Just listened to the birds today, spring isn't that far off.

Did some repotting,......
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:53 am

bonsai monkey wrote:
will baddeley wrote:Depending on mood, my list of bonsai favorites is....
Floyd, Zep, Hendrix, Doors,Tull, Cat Stevens, Black Sabbath, Radiohead, Queens of the stone age, Beta band, Orbital, Chemical brothers,System of a down, Beastie boys, Public enemy, Bonzo dog doodah band, Pogues......I could go on all night Very Happy

Blimey Will, alot of mine in your list!!!!
I also like some good ole fashion Punk, (Sex Plimsols, Green Day etc) along with some Gaye Bykers on Acid.
The music I listen to really depends on the job in hand, for example serious contemplation of a styling maybe some Joy Division but a batch of re-potting could be some thrash metal!!!

Horses for courses I suppose,
Okk, Okk,
Simon
I can't believe it! Another Gaye Bykers on Acid fan. I've still got the hooded top from the early 90's. Pernicious Nonsense, what an album. The Osmonds Crazy Horses samples. Sheer genius Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:51 pm

And Simon, don;t forget their alias...Lesbian Dopeheads on Mopeds Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Otherwise known as Dykes on Bikes.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Landis Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Only one band can really be considered for carving and grinding activites... I prefer Motorhead. Ace of Spades usually........LOL
Paul Landis
Paul Landis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:42 am

Paul Landis wrote:Only one band can really be considered for carving and grinding activites... I prefer Motorhead. Ace of Spades usually........LOL

Got some tickets to see Motorhead a couple of years ago. BRILLIANT Very Happy My ears were ringing for three days.

Back to top Go down

Post  Morea Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hello all,

Highhippie level !!
Great !!

Besides working in silent surroundings,which i actually prefer.
The music here that is heard is:
Jazz: Miles Davis,Art Blackly,Herbie Hankok and smooth jazz and experimental jazz
Classic: Moessorsky, Bach,Vivaldy
R&B : Rolling stones,Bo Diddly,Metallyca,RHC Peppers
Now music : Drum&Bass , Heavy Metal, Speed Metal,Minimal electronic,Rammstein
The best :
when one son plays his guitars or the other son makes music on his DJ-things.
Very Happy Morea
Morea
Morea

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:15 am

I guess we could always listen to the tree itself!

http://vimeo.com/10198497
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:23 pm

I think not John, that was truly awful! I had to switch it off because it was making me cringe. I also suspect it was largely a con, unless those leaves he was twanging were disguised plectrums.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:05 pm

All three of my computers froze up fairly close to the beginning of the video when I tried to play it. Perhaps they did so in protest if Kev's take is correct.

All this listening to nature stuff reminds me of something I heard during a woodland fair at Westonbirt Arboretum where the "instrument" was an Aeolian Harp - an instrument played by the action of wind. Despite the obvious tee-hee factor at the possible applications of this, the "music" is actually quite relaxing and I have found myself listening to the couple of CDs I have while working on trees.

A taster : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qESQa8UHCTw
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:15 pm

bobby little wrote:more often than not it's radio five live's football coverage. otherwise plenty of the mighty Zep, Floyd, and lately enjoying loreena mckennitt.

As a birthday treat here is a photo of Me doing the Ironing for Loreena McKennitt in the green room at Glasgow Concert hall in 1995. I was lucky to be Press Photographer covering lots of Gigs mid 80's thru to mid 90's so have met a lot of the great and the not so good Suspect

Music and Bonsai - Page 2 Lorenn10

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Im a bit split on music really. I played in a band earlier, we used to play stuff from bands like the Doors, Pink floyd, King crimson, Jethro tull, porcupine tree etc etc. Then we quit and started an Irish folk music group. I changed from bass to violin. Now im not in a band and I mostly listen to Black metall and Avant garde, prog metall.. Bands like Bloodbath and Darkthrone. Also listening alott to Opeth and Arcturus.
But I like everything I consider good musicianship. Could be everything from Enya, Pavarotti, Elton John to The oak ridge boys which is a group with 4 singers singing gospel.
As long as people make the music themselves and they can sing or play an instrument very good. But the way its not to brag of it.
I usually had music on when I was reading, sleeping or working out. But when im working on my trees, complete silence is the way for me.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Music and Bonsai - Page 2 Empty Buddy Guy

Post  Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:47 pm

WOW I am a happy man as I have just got front row seats at The Bridgewater Hall in Manchester for a hero of mine.Buddy Guy bounce anyone else here seen him live before?

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Not seen him Tony. Enjoy.

I love blues as well as rock and left out a recent favourite of mine, Joe Bonamassa. He's a very talented blues and rock guitarist. If you haven't heard him, check out his website. http://jbonamassa.com/media/hear-joes-music/ Lots of song samples to try.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing/hearing the new supergroup Black Country Communion that has been formed by Bonamassa, Glenn Hughes (Black Sabbath, Deep Purple), Jason Bonham (Led Zeppelin, Foreigner), and Derek Sherinian (Alice Cooper, Billy Idol, Dream Theater). Their album Black Country is released in Europe on 20th September.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Never listened to him while entertaining the bonsai... much too dangerous, but while riding the motorcycle I usually had a tape in of Uncle Ted (Nugent that is) called 'Spirit of the Wild'. I unique compilation of rock and roll meets the great white hunter! (First time I met him I was in kilt. His comment as he reached to shake my hand was "Brother, you gotta lose the skirt! Laughing )

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 am

Hello Tony. Guitar Heroes... where to start. Buddy Guy is right up there with the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn( Texas Flood, Rude mood, for instance) Gilmore,Beck,Healey..............Love that Gitarrrrrr Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next