Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinus mugo needle problem

Go down

Pinus mugo needle problem Empty Pinus mugo needle problem

Post  Duncan Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Hello All,

I have two pinus mugo trees. I am pretty new in Bonsai and they are my first mugos ever. I bought them in a local nursery in spring and in the late autumn this year they had their first styling. A few weeks back I noticed that some of the tops of their needles became yellow.
Please have a look at the pictures attached below. Is this something to be worry about? I know that there is not much I can do about this especially at this moment in time as we have severe winter here in Poland but if something wrong is going on with my trees can I do anything about it?

Pinus mugo needle problem 111
Pinus mugo needle problem 210

Please excuse my poor English.

Best regards:
Duncan

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Pinus mugo needle problem Empty Re: Pinus mugo needle problem

Post  Gæst Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi Duncan

When spring arrives you need to give the trees some fertilizer. The yellow tips and pale green needles is a sign of a tree that needs food. But you have to wait until growth starts in spring. The tree will cope with that.

Best regards
Morten

Gæst

Back to top Go down

Post  Duncan Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Thank you Sir, I do appreciate your help.

I was giving it a bit of bio gold beginning from July last year. However when it comes to bio gold one never knows how much is enough.

Regards:
Duncan

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down