Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot

Go down

Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Empty Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot

Post  whitruss Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:47 pm

Hello

So i got a +/- 10yr Carmona macrophilla since Christmas and i´ve been taking care of it for 2months now. Unfortunately i don't think im doing a good job and im worried about it.

In the 1st weeks i had it in my living room, i put it everyday by the window and was watering it 1 time a week. The leaves had good green colour but the flowering buds (i think) turned brown and felt.

Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2010

The flowering buds (i think( that browned and felt)
Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2011

From what i read i thought it was kinda normal since the plant was moved to a new place (my house) but it started to look like something wasn't right, so I moved it to a sunnier window and started to put more water on it when i water it (wich now i know was a mistake i think i over watered). Then the interior leaves mostly, started to like shrink and losing colour like turning kinda grey-ish and the extremities were going blakc-ish. So i started to put less water and only watered one time per week (witch i think was also not good)

Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2013

Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2015

Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2014

Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2016

Then it started to lose a lot of leaves and it´s majestic green color. I moved it again to another location in the past 2 weeks +/-, its not by the window but its in a covered balcony that doesnt get direct light but gets lots of light (sorry if im not able to explain myself very well) during the day but by night i put it on the kitchen because at night the balcony is cold. I only spray water on it now, a few at a time, and i do it whenever the top soil or under fells dry. yesterday and today the leaves appear to stop droping so much but i dont know if i should do anything diferent or if im missing something.

Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2018
Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2019
Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2017

Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2020
Carmona macrophilla, leaves lost some colour and felt a lot Img_2021

I will try to read some more about it. Thank you for your time and sorry the long post

whitruss

Back to top Go down