Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush

2 posters

Go down

Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush Empty Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush

Post  Lost2301 Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:16 am

I purchased this tree for $5.00 from a box store in Colorado. It was grown in its nursery pot in a gravel bunker for years until a severe snowstorm snapped the trunk right off the tree. Natures own way of chopping trees. I removed the tree from the bunker, mature bark had developed all the trunk and nebari. At one time there was shari on the main trunk but it have been covered over by mature bark. The tree was styled last year and looked pretty sparse in the leaves department. This spring the tree had leafed out and was a attacked by a major thunderstorm with hail. The tree fought back with new ramification branches all over the tree. The leaves are pretty tiny now for a Smoke Bush. The apex will be raised to round out the tree.
All of this for $5 and some time and patience on my part. There are more photos of this tree on my website: HERE

Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush Img_6914

Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush Img_6915

Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush Img_6913
Lost2301
Lost2301

Dave Leppo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush Empty Re: Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush

Post  yamasuri Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:07 pm

That looks promissing. Almost like real yamadori is formed by nature That's gool for $5 bucks it survive Great story.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush Empty Re: Cotinus coggygria – Purple Smoke Bush

Post  Lost2301 Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:05 pm

Thank you!
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down