Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to air layer feroniella lucida or wood apple

2 posters

Go down

How to air layer feroniella lucida or wood apple Empty How to air layer feroniella lucida or wood apple

Post  amanluthra688 Tue May 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi
I wanted to air layer feroniella lucida
Or wood apple .
I heard it does not air layer
Anyone have any experience pls
Advice how to propagate it
Thanks

amanluthra688
amanluthra688

Back to top Go down

How to air layer feroniella lucida or wood apple Empty Air Layering

Post  bilbo Sun May 21, 2017 8:35 pm

There are those that claim any tree can technically be air-layered but certainly there is also a question of time and specifics of methods which work or tend not to work for a given species.

My general understanding is that most, if not all, tropical are capable of being air layered.

Do you have any experience with Air Layering in general? Other species?

Some tend to stick exclusively to the ring method but with tropical I’ve had better/faster results with the vertical slice method.

Can you post some pictures of the tree?

What condition are the tree’s actual roots? Have they been trained and or repotted before?
What is the health, age, vigor of the tree?

Is there a specific, substantial part of the tree you’d like to save as a second tree, or are you just looking to propagate some offspring in general?

bilbo

Back to top Go down

How to air layer feroniella lucida or wood apple Empty Re: How to air layer feroniella lucida or wood apple

Post  amanluthra688 Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks dear
And sorry for the delay
Someone from Vietnam recommended me to do root cuttings and I did and waiting for the results as spring has just begun
I will post the results if positive

Aman
amanluthra688
amanluthra688

Back to top Go down

How to air layer feroniella lucida or wood apple Empty Re: How to air layer feroniella lucida or wood apple

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down